Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report showing information on students with some teaching through Welsh and academic staff who are able to teach through Welsh by institution, mode and level of study, gender and module subject.
- In 2012/13 there were 5,465 students at Welsh HEIs with some teaching through the medium of Welsh, a 16 per cent increase since 2011/12.
- The proportion of students at Welsh HEIs who had some teaching through the medium of Welsh also increased, compared with 2011/12 (4.2 per cent in 2012/13 and 3.6 per cent in 2011/12).
- Excluding Welsh language and related subjects, the most popular subjects of study for students, with some teaching through the medium of Welsh, were education, creative arts and subjects allied to medicine.
- 255 students completed an Initial Teaching Training (ITT) course which qualified them to teach through the medium of Welsh. This was 17 per cent of all completers, five percentage points higher than in 2011/12.
- The number of FTE academic staff at Welsh HEIs , the FTE number of staff able to teach through the medium of Welsh and the number teaching through the medium of Welsh have all increased since 2008/09.
Tel: 029 2082 3528