Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
A £144 million EU and Welsh Government investment to fund over 50,000 apprenticeships in Wales has been announced by the First Minister, Carwyn Jones.
- Wales’ best interests lie in a prosperous Europe says First Minister
- Extra investment to support veterans in Wales
- £144 million investment in 52,000 apprenticeships
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Devolution, Democracy and Delivery White Paper - Reforming Local Government: Power to Local People
- Interim non-statutory standards for sustainable drainage (SuDS) in Wales – designing, constructing, operating and maintaining surface water drainage systems
- Local Government (Wales) Measure 2009 – Part 1 Guidance to Fire and Rescue Authorities and Fire and Rescue Authorities Support and Intervention Protocol
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report showing information on students with some teaching through Welsh and academic staff who are able to teach through Welsh by institution, mode and level of study, gender and module subject.
- In 2012/13 there were 5,465 students at Welsh HEIs with some teaching through the medium of Welsh, a 16 per cent increase since 2011/12.
- The proportion of students at Welsh HEIs who had some teaching through the medium of Welsh also increased, compared with 2011/12 (4.2 per cent in 2012/13 and 3.6 per cent in 2011/12).
- Excluding Welsh language and related subjects, the most popular subjects of study for students, with some teaching through the medium of Welsh, were education, creative arts and subjects allied to medicine.
- 255 students completed an Initial Teaching Training (ITT) course which qualified them to teach through the medium of Welsh. This was 17 per cent of all completers, five percentage points higher than in 2011/12.
- The number of FTE academic staff at Welsh HEIs , the FTE number of staff able to teach through the medium of Welsh and the number teaching through the medium of Welsh have all increased since 2008/09.
Tel: 029 2082 3528