UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
80 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Welsh bus passenger survey
The key point from this latest release of data is that the results show a positive picture of users’ views of bus services in Wales. There is very little difference of opinion about bus services between disabled and other bus users.
- 81 per cent of disabled bus users are generally satisfied with the bus services they use.
- Almost three quarters, some 73 per cent, of disabled bus users are satisfied with their personal safety at the bus stop, with 84 per cent satisfied with their personal safety on the bus service itself.
- 90 per cent of disabled bus users are satisfied with the ease of getting on and off the bus service.
- 89 per cent of disabled bus users are satisfied with the length of time their journey took on the bus service.
- 89 per cent of disabled bus users are satisfied with the helpfulness and attitude of the driver of the bus.
- 90 per cent of disabled bus users are satisfied overall with the bus journey they were making when they were handed the survey form.
Tel: 029 2082 5062