Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Wales Children in Need Census
An annual report which includes data on disability and parenting capacity factors.
- There were 19,385 children in need included in the CIN census at 31 March 2015, which was a rate of 308 per 10,000 children aged under 18 years, and 95 who were unborn.
- More than a third (38 per cent) of referrals were from local authority departments and a further 33 per cent from the police and primary or community health services.
- Over one-fifth (21 per cent) of children in need had a disability.
- Parental substance misuse, domestic abuse and parental mental ill health capacity factors were each recorded for about a quarter of children in need.
- The attainment of children in need at each Key Stage assessment was much lower than the average for all pupils.
Tel: 029 2082 3625