Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
The Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales are contributing £10,000 of funding each to enable a Welsh team to compete in the Special Olympics National Games in Sheffield this summer.
- New funding for musical instruments in schools – Kirsty Williams
- Supporting People budget protected
- Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Wales Children in Need Census
An annual report which includes data on disability and parenting capacity factors.
- There were 18,990 children in need included in the Children in Need Census at 31 March 2016, which was a rate of 302 per 10,000 children aged under 18 years, and 105 who were unborn.
- More than a third (38 per cent) of referrals were from local authority departments and a further 34 per cent from the police and primary or community health services.
- One-fifth (20 per cent) of children in need had a disability.
- Parental substance or alcohol misuse, domestic abuse and parental mental ill health capacity factors were each recorded for about a quarter of children in need.
- The attainment of children in need at each Key Stage assessment was much lower than the average for all pupils.
Tel: 029 2082 6186
Tel: 0300 0258099