Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
63 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Unscheduled care services
This statistical release is initially intended as a one-off publication, produced in response to user feedback. Comments are invited on the usefulness of the publication, including content and frequency.
The statistics include data on ambulance services, attendances at A&E departments, calls to NHS Direct Wales and emergency admissions to hospital over the thirteen months from September 2010 to September 2011, and a brief look at the trends over the last 4 years.
Attendances at all A&E departments
- There were a total of 82,021 attendances at all A&E departments, 2.3% down on September 2010 (83,949).
- There were a total of 11,267 Category A calls, 10.1% up on September 2010 (10,232).
- 7,628 (69.3%) emergency responses arrived at the scene within 8 minutes, above the all-Wales target of 65% for the eighth successive month, up from 66.5% in September 2010.
Calls made to NHS Direct Wales
- There were a total of 19,087 calls made to NHS Direct Wales 0845 service, an increase of 24% over September 2010 (15,428).
Emergency admissions to hospital
- There were 41,849 emergency admissions to hospital, a rise of 0.3% compared with September 2010 (41,722).
Tel: 029 2082 5086