EPIC Cardiff Castle
Visit Wales’ EPIC art installation which has been travelling through Wales over the summer has now arrived at Cardiff Castle where it will stay for the next three weeks.
- Minister visits award-winning Electroimpact apprentice
- Kirsty sees stars on Aber uni visit
- EPIC Cardiff Castle
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Unscheduled care services
This statistical release is initially intended as a one-off publication, produced in response to user feedback. Comments are invited on the usefulness of the publication, including content and frequency.
The statistics include data on ambulance services, attendances at A&E departments, calls to NHS Direct Wales and emergency admissions to hospital over the thirteen months from September 2010 to September 2011, and a brief look at the trends over the last 4 years.
Attendances at all A&E departments
- There were a total of 82,021 attendances at all A&E departments, 2.3% down on September 2010 (83,949).
- There were a total of 11,267 Category A calls, 10.1% up on September 2010 (10,232).
- 7,628 (69.3%) emergency responses arrived at the scene within 8 minutes, above the all-Wales target of 65% for the eighth successive month, up from 66.5% in September 2010.
Calls made to NHS Direct Wales
- There were a total of 19,087 calls made to NHS Direct Wales 0845 service, an increase of 24% over September 2010 (15,428).
Emergency admissions to hospital
- There were 41,849 emergency admissions to hospital, a rise of 0.3% compared with September 2010 (41,722).
Tel: 029 2082 5086