Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Following the announcement to declare a new Avian Influenza Prevention Zone the Chief Veterinary Officer for Wales is reminding bird keepers to be prepared ahead of its implementation next Tuesday.
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Unscheduled care services
This statistical release is initially intended as a one-off publication, produced in response to user feedback. Comments are invited on the usefulness of the publication, including content and frequency.
The statistics include data on ambulance services, attendances at A&E departments, calls to NHS Direct Wales and emergency admissions to hospital over the thirteen months from September 2010 to September 2011, and a brief look at the trends over the last 4 years.
Attendances at all A&E departments
- There were a total of 82,021 attendances at all A&E departments, 2.3% down on September 2010 (83,949).
- There were a total of 11,267 Category A calls, 10.1% up on September 2010 (10,232).
- 7,628 (69.3%) emergency responses arrived at the scene within 8 minutes, above the all-Wales target of 65% for the eighth successive month, up from 66.5% in September 2010.
Calls made to NHS Direct Wales
- There were a total of 19,087 calls made to NHS Direct Wales 0845 service, an increase of 24% over September 2010 (15,428).
Emergency admissions to hospital
- There were 41,849 emergency admissions to hospital, a rise of 0.3% compared with September 2010 (41,722).
Tel: 029 2082 5086