Half a million pounds to improve access to Wales’ Great Outdoors
Visitors and local communities will be able to enjoy more of Wales’ great outdoors thanks to over half a million pounds of access funding, announced by Lesley Griffiths today.
- New hydro powered lighting gives children of Uganda a bright future
- Welsh Government asks OECD to review education reforms
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Half a million pounds to improve access to Wales’ Great Outdoors
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A report showing information presented by main mode of travel and time taken.
The statistics have been taken from the 2005 and 2006 Living in Wales surveys, which is an annual Welsh household survey.
- Of those respondents who live within a mile of their usual place of work, only half of those who work full-time walk to work.
- Of those respondents who live within a mile of their usual place of work, those who work part-time are more likely to walk to work than those who work full-time.
- Of those who live within three miles of their usual place of work, respondents in Scotland are three times more likely to use the bus to get to work than respondents in Wales.
- Of those households in Wales with a school age child in full-time education, a higher proportion of those whose eldest child is in primary school are driven to school than walked to school.
Tel: 029 2082 5208