5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Today (1 October) marks the five year anniversary of the introduction of the Welsh Government’s ground-breaking Single Use Carrier Bag charge.
- Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
- Blue Badge eligibility criteria expanded
- 5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information on government expenditure on road and transport and employee jobs in transport related industries.
- In 2012-13 the Welsh Government directly spent £447 million on transport; within this total, £200 million was on the trunk road network in Wales and £206 million on support for the rail industry in Wales. This is 9 per cent higher expenditure than in 2011-12.
- In addition to direct spending, the Welsh Government also makes direct grants to local authorities. These came to £139 million in 2012-13, a fall of 12 per cent compared with the previous year.
- In 2012-13 the Welsh Government started 1 new motorway and trunk road scheme, totalling 7.8 kilometres of road and at a total cost of £165 million.
- In 2012-13 it cost, on average, £26 thousand to maintain a kilometre of motorway/trunk road in South Wales; it cost £14 thousand in North and Mid Wales.
Tel: 029 2082 5062