Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh Government flies the flag for Wales in celebration of St David’s Day
In the run up to St David’s Day, Welsh Ministers are presenting Wales to the world and showing exactly what the country has to offer.
- Valleys Taskforce rolls into town
- Green light for highly successful blue light model
- Welsh Government flies the flag for Wales in celebration of St David’s Day
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on vehicles licensed, road traffic, bus passenger journeys, air passengers, accidents, casualties and expenditure on travel.
- Wales represents 6 per cent of the road traffic in Great Britain, 5 per cent of the road vehicles licensed, 2 per cent of the bus passenger journeys and 1 per cent of the terminal airport passengers.
- Wales has a higher proportion of people using a car, van or minibus to travel to work (81 per cent in 2011) than England (67 per cent) or Scotland (69 per cent).
- Wales represents 5 per cent of total road casualties in Great Britain, 5 per cent of killed and seriously injured (KSI) casualties and 5 per cent of child (aged 0-15) KSI casualties.
- Over the three years 2008 to 2010, average total expenditure for Welsh households was £394 per week, some 84 per cent of the UK average of £467 per week.
- Within this total, Welsh households spent an average of £52 per week on transport items, just over 13 per cent of total expenditure.
- It is estimated that three quarters of people aged 17 and over in Wales have a full driving licence, compared with 73 per cent in England and 69 per cent in Scotland.
Tel: 029 2082 5062