Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Health Secretary announces IPFR Review Panel
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on vehicles licensed, road traffic, bus passenger journeys, air passengers, accidents, casualties and expenditure on travel.
- Wales represents 6 per cent of the road traffic in Great Britain, 5 per cent of the road vehicles licensed, 2 per cent of the bus passenger journeys and 1 per cent of the terminal airport passengers.
- Wales has a higher proportion of people using a car, van or minibus to travel to work (81 per cent in 2011) than England (67 per cent) or Scotland (69 per cent).
- Wales represents 5 per cent of total road casualties in Great Britain, 5 per cent of killed and seriously injured (KSI) casualties and 5 per cent of child (aged 0-15) KSI casualties.
- Over the three years 2008 to 2010, average total expenditure for Welsh households was £394 per week, some 84 per cent of the UK average of £467 per week.
- Within this total, Welsh households spent an average of £52 per week on transport items, just over 13 per cent of total expenditure.
- It is estimated that three quarters of people aged 17 and over in Wales have a full driving licence, compared with 73 per cent in England and 69 per cent in Scotland.
Tel: 029 2082 5062