UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
72 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Monthly data is published by NHS Wales Informatics Service (NWIS) on their website and quarterly data is published by us. The statistical release and quality report published by us provide advice on the quality of this information and how it can be used.
In May 2013 the NHS Wales Delivery Framework for 2013-14 was published. As a result, NHS Wales Informatics Service has updated the monthly data for April 2013 onwards to reflect this.
Release date: 20 July 2016
NHS Wales Informatics Service has updated the monthly data.
Quarter ending March 2016
Release date: 17 May 2016
Data has been published on StatsWales.
Key results for all A&E departments
- 76.3 per cent of patients spent less than 4 hours from arrival until admission, transfer or discharge in March 2016.
- 4,387 patients spent 12 hours or more from arrival until admission, transfer or discharge in March 2016.
- The median time spent in A&E departments was 2 hours 26 minutes in March 2016, whilst the mean time was 3 hours 43 minutes.
All figures relating to March 2016 are provisional.
Tel: 029 2082 3642
Tel: 029 2089 8099