Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Cardiff appoints leading US compound semiconductor expert with Welsh Government support
One of the world’ s leading experts in compound semiconductors has been appointed to lead a new research laboratory at Cardiff University through the Welsh Government’s £50m Sêr Cymru programme.
- Urdd Eisteddfod is a unique celebration of our language and culture – Carwyn Jones
- Cardiff cyber security specialist opens office in Australia to meet growing international demand for its services
- Cardiff appoints leading US compound semiconductor expert with Welsh Government support
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Annual data which includes conception rates by local authority and abortion data.
This report has been discontinued. Annual data will continue to be available on StatsWales.
- Teenage conception rates have generally been falling over recent years in Wales; rates for girls aged under 16 fell from around 11 per thousand girls aged 13-15 in the late 1990s to 5.6 in 2012, for girls aged under 18 fell from 34.2 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in 2011 to 30.8 in 2012, the lowest rate recorded since 1992 and for women aged under 20 fell from 52.6 per thousand females aged 15-19 in 2011 to 48.0 in 2012.
- Within Wales, rates for girls aged under 18 varied considerably in 2012, from 39.9 per thousand girls aged 15-17 in Blaenau Gwent to 19.1 in Powys.
- 43 per cent of conceptions for the under 18s were terminated by abortion and 20 per cent at all ages.
Tel: 029 2082 5080