New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
£2.7million for Welsh museums, archives and libraries
Museums, archives and libraries across Wales will benefit from almost £2.7million in the latest round of Welsh Government grant funding.
- PRA Health Services expansion to create nearly 90 jobs in Swansea
- E-cigarette use more common among under 15s than tobacco, research finds
- £2.7million for Welsh museums, archives and libraries
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Proposal for the registration of school learning support workers with the Education Workforce Council
- Proposals for the Basic Payment Scheme
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report that presents a suite of indicators used to measure our progress including health, housing, jobs, crime, education and our environment.
- In 2014, for the 44 sustainable development indicators, covering 29 key issues, compared with the base year of 2003: 25 show clear improvement; 16 show little or no change; none show clear deterioration and 3 have insufficient or no comparable data.
- All indicators which showed a clear improvement in 2013 have continued to show a clear improvement in 2014. In addition, 3 indicators which showed ‘little or no change’ in 2013 have showed a ‘clear improvement’ in 2014; these were Ecological impacts of air pollution (acidity), Health inequality (infant mortality) and Benefit dependency.
- There were no indicators in 2014 with the status of ‘clear deterioration’.
- The short term changes in bird populations indicator changed from a ‘clear deterioration’ to ‘little or no change’ following an update of data to 2011.
Tel: 029 2082 3234