Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report that presents a suite of indicators used to measure our progress including health, housing, jobs, crime, education and our environment.
- In 2014, for the 44 sustainable development indicators, covering 29 key issues, compared with the base year of 2003: 25 show clear improvement; 16 show little or no change; none show clear deterioration and 3 have insufficient or no comparable data.
- All indicators which showed a clear improvement in 2013 have continued to show a clear improvement in 2014. In addition, 3 indicators which showed ‘little or no change’ in 2013 have showed a ‘clear improvement’ in 2014; these were Ecological impacts of air pollution (acidity), Health inequality (infant mortality) and Benefit dependency.
- There were no indicators in 2014 with the status of ‘clear deterioration’.
- The short term changes in bird populations indicator changed from a ‘clear deterioration’ to ‘little or no change’ following an update of data to 2011.
Tel: 029 2082 3234