Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Health Secretary announces IPFR Review Panel
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
This is the last edition of this publication. The Welsh Government will continue to monitor progress towards well-being goals through the Well-being of Future Generations Act.
- In 2015, for the 44 sustainable development indicators, covering 29 key issues, when compared with the base year of 2003: 23 show clear improvement; 18 show little or no change; None show clear deterioration; 3 have insufficient or no comparable data.
- Of the 25 indicators which showed a clear improvement in 2014, 23 have continued to show a clear improvement in 2015. Greenhouse gas emissions and accessibility of hospitals status changed from ‘clear improvement’ to ‘little or no change’. There were 18 indicators in total in 2015 which showed little or no change.
- There were no indicators in 2015 with the status of ‘clear deterioration’.
Households Below Average Income (HBAI) 2011-12 to 2013-14 results were published by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) on the same day as this release. The three indicators which use HBAI data are: 2 (Social Justice), 25 (Child Poverty) and 26 (Pensioner Poverty). These indicators have now been updated.
Tel: 029 2082 6023