Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
The Welsh Government has launched a marketing campaign to urge the public to contact the Welsh Government’s Resource Efficient Wales helpline.
- Plan unveiled to signpost visitors to Welsh culinary gems
- Ground-breaking Acts receive Royal Assent
- New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Tax devolution in Wales - Consultation on a Land Transaction Tax
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report that presents a suite of indicators used to measure our progress including health, housing, jobs, crime, education and our environment.
- In 2014, for the 44 sustainable development indicators, covering 29 key issues, compared with the base year of 2003: 25 show clear improvement; 16 show little or no change; none show clear deterioration and 3 have insufficient or no comparable data.
- All indicators which showed a clear improvement in 2013 have continued to show a clear improvement in 2014. In addition, 3 indicators which showed ‘little or no change’ in 2013 have showed a ‘clear improvement’ in 2014; these were Ecological impacts of air pollution (acidity), Health inequality (infant mortality) and Benefit dependency.
- There were no indicators in 2014 with the status of ‘clear deterioration’.
- The short term changes in bird populations indicator changed from a ‘clear deterioration’ to ‘little or no change’ following an update of data to 2011.
Tel: 029 2082 3234