£1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
More than £1bn of EU structural funds have been invested in schemes across Wales
- New prestigious awards to recognise the best in Welsh teaching
- Welsh Government gets behind Small Business Saturday
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- £1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
These annual results provide estimates for Wales as a whole for agricultural land use, livestock on farms and the number of people working on agricultural holdings as at 1 June.
- The number of sheep and lambs increased by 3.2 per cent to 9.8 million in June 2016. Since falling as low as 8.5 million in 2010, the number of sheep and lambs has fluctuated between 9.5 and 10 million in recent years.
- The number of cattle and calves rose by 1.4 per cent in the last 12 months. However, this was due to increase in the number of younger animals. The numbers of females aged 2 fell 8 per cent for dairy breed and remained unchanged for beef breeds.
Tel: 029 2082 5082
Tel: 029 2089 8099