Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
The Welsh Government has today announced that regulated rail fares in Wales will not rise above the rate of inflation until at least October 2018.
- Cabinet Secretary in Brussels for agriculture and environment talks
- Universal child health programme launched
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report that includes information on agriculture land, livestock and farm labour.
- The number of sheep and lambs fell by 2.4 per cent to 9.5 million in June 2015. This follows 4 years over which the sheep population had been gradually growing again after dropping from its 1999 peak of 11.8 million to 8.2 million in 2009 and 2010.
- There was an increase of 5 per cent in the size of the dairy herd in the last 12 months. This was the main factor behind a 1.5 per cent increase in the total number of cattle and calves of 1.5 per cent. This represents the largest annual increase in the number of cattle in over a decade.
Tel: 029 2082 5082