Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Important archive of the Somerset family, Barons Raglan accepted for the nation
A remarkable family archive, containing an important series of letters by Arthur, 1st Duke of Wellington, to his brother William will be coming to Gwent, Economy Secretary, Ken Skates, has announced.
- More GP surgeries in Wales are open for longer
- Right to Buy suspended in Flintshire
- Important archive of the Somerset family, Barons Raglan accepted for the nation
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Staff directly employed by the NHS
An annual report which includes data on medical, dental, nursing and midwifery staff.
Between 2014 and 2015 (in terms of full-time equivalent numbers)
- The total number of directly employed NHS staff increased by 1,494 (2.1 per cent) to 73,958.
- Medical & dental staff increased by 109 (1.8 per cent) to 6,120.
- Hospital medical and dental consultants increased by 33 (1.4 per cent) to 2,303.
- Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 383 (1.4 per cent) to 28,684.
- Scientific, therapeutic & technical staff increased by 301 (2.6 per cent) to 11,971.
- Administration & estates staff increased by 552 (3.6 per cent) to 15,724. Of these staff, managers decreased by 77 (3.9 per cent) to 1,898.
- Other staff (including healthcare assistants, support staff and ambulance staff) increased by 150 (1.3 per cent) to 11,459.
Tel: 029 2082 5741
Tel: 029 2089 8099