Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are integral to Wales’ national identity and are recognised internationally.
- £6.2 million IT investment in North Wales healthcare
- Funding for new Life Sciences Innovation Village in Cardiff
- Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
- Provisions for the proposed Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (Wales) 2015 and amendments to the Compensation and Pension Schemes 2007
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Staff directly employed by the NHS
An annual report which includes data on medical, dental, nursing and midwifery staff.
Between 2012 and 2013 (in terms of whole-time equivalent numbers)
- The total number of directly employed NHS staff increased slightly by 391 (0.5 per cent) to 72,393.
- Medical & dental staff increased by 164 (2.8 per cent) to 6,073. Of these staff, hospital medical and dental consultants increased by 51 (2.3 per cent) to 2,275.
- Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 186 (0.7 per cent) to 28,254.
- Scientific, therapeutic & technical staff increased by 67 (0.6 per cent) to 11,616.
- Administration & estates staff increased by 81 (0.5 per cent) to 15,120. Of these staff, managers decreased by 50 (2.5 per cent) to 1,985.
- Other staff (including healthcare assistants, support staff and ambulance staff) decreased by 107 (0.9 per cent) to 11,330.
Tel: 029 2080 1268