Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
European approval for new Wales RDP
The new RDP will be even more innovative, adaptable and integrated inorder to ensure maximum value is secured for rural Wales from theProgramme's joint EU/Welsh Government-funded investments.
- Cardiff appoints leading US compound semiconductor expert with Welsh Government support
- Urdd Eisteddfod is a unique celebration of our language and culture – Carwyn Jones
- European approval for new Wales RDP
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Staff directly employed by the NHS
An annual report which includes data on medical, dental, nursing and midwifery staff.
Between 2013 and 2014 (in terms of full-time equivalent numbers)
- The total number of directly employed NHS staff increased slightly by 70 (0.1 per cent) to 72,464.
- Medical & dental staff decreased by 61 (1.0 per cent) to 6,011. Of these staff, hospital medical and dental consultants decreased by 5 (0.2 per cent) to 2,270.
- Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 46 (0.2 per cent) to 28,300.
- Scientific, therapeutic & technical staff increased by 55 (0.5 per cent) to 11,671.
- Administration & estates staff increased by 52 (0.3 per cent) to 15,172. Of these staff, managers decreased by 9 (0.5 per cent) to 1,976.
- Other staff (including healthcare assistants, support staff and ambulance staff) decreased by 21 (0.2 per cent) to 11,309.
Tel: 029 2082 3989