Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
67 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Staff directly employed by the NHS
An annual report which includes data on medical, dental, nursing and midwifery staff.
Between 2014 and 2015 (in terms of full-time equivalent numbers)
- The total number of directly employed NHS staff increased by 1,494 (2.1 per cent) to 73,958.
- Medical & dental staff increased by 109 (1.8 per cent) to 6,120.
- Hospital medical and dental consultants increased by 33 (1.4 per cent) to 2,303.
- Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 383 (1.4 per cent) to 28,684.
- Scientific, therapeutic & technical staff increased by 301 (2.6 per cent) to 11,971.
- Administration & estates staff increased by 552 (3.6 per cent) to 15,724. Of these staff, managers decreased by 77 (3.9 per cent) to 1,898.
- Other staff (including healthcare assistants, support staff and ambulance staff) increased by 150 (1.3 per cent) to 11,459.
Tel: 029 2082 5741
Tel: 029 2089 8099