New deal for the education workforce »Delivering our ambitions for learners in Wales will need the full commitment of a highly skilled and professional workforce.Learn more »
£2.7million for Welsh museums, archives and libraries
Museums, archives and libraries across Wales will benefit from almost £2.7million in the latest round of Welsh Government grant funding.
- PRA Health Services expansion to create nearly 90 jobs in Swansea
- E-cigarette use more common among under 15s than tobacco, research finds
- £2.7million for Welsh museums, archives and libraries
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Proposal for the registration of school learning support workers with the Education Workforce Council
- Proposals for the Basic Payment Scheme
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) Consultation – UK Marine Programme of Measures
- Aligning the apprenticeship model to the needs of the Welsh economy
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Staff directly employed by the NHS
An annual report which includes data on medical, dental, nursing and midwifery staff.
Between 2013 and 2014 (in terms of full-time equivalent numbers)
- The total number of directly employed NHS staff increased slightly by 70 (0.1 per cent) to 72,464.
- Medical & dental staff decreased by 61 (1.0 per cent) to 6,011. Of these staff, hospital medical and dental consultants decreased by 5 (0.2 per cent) to 2,270.
- Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 46 (0.2 per cent) to 28,300.
- Scientific, therapeutic & technical staff increased by 55 (0.5 per cent) to 11,671.
- Administration & estates staff increased by 52 (0.3 per cent) to 15,172. Of these staff, managers decreased by 9 (0.5 per cent) to 1,976.
- Other staff (including healthcare assistants, support staff and ambulance staff) decreased by 21 (0.2 per cent) to 11,309.
Tel: 029 2082 3989