Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
£17m EU-backed project to support Welsh job-seekers announced at St David's Day reception in Brussels
Finance Minister, Jane Hutt, has announced a £10 million EU investment for a £17 million initiative to help people affected by redundancy back into work.
- 56% of food businesses in Wales get top food hygiene ratings
- Support for Wales YFC announced
- £17m EU-backed project to support Welsh job-seekers announced at St David's Day reception in Brussels
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
26 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Staff directly employed by the NHS
An annual report which includes data on medical, dental, nursing and midwifery staff.
Between 2012 and 2013 (in terms of whole-time equivalent numbers)
- The total number of directly employed NHS staff increased slightly by 391 (0.5 per cent) to 72,393.
- Medical & dental staff increased by 164 (2.8 per cent) to 6,073. Of these staff, hospital medical and dental consultants increased by 51 (2.3 per cent) to 2,275.
- Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 186 (0.7 per cent) to 28,254.
- Scientific, therapeutic & technical staff increased by 67 (0.6 per cent) to 11,616.
- Administration & estates staff increased by 81 (0.5 per cent) to 15,120. Of these staff, managers decreased by 50 (2.5 per cent) to 1,985.
- Other staff (including healthcare assistants, support staff and ambulance staff) decreased by 107 (0.9 per cent) to 11,330.
Tel: 029 2080 1268