Vaughan Gething in Uganda to mark 10 years of Wales for Africa
He will see some of the projects and meet some of the people who have benefitted from the successful scheme.
- Have your say on new approach to building resilient communities
- Vaughan Gething confirms £18m investment in the new SuRNICC
- Vaughan Gething in Uganda to mark 10 years of Wales for Africa
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Staff directly employed by the NHS
An annual report which includes data on medical, dental, nursing and midwifery staff.
Between 2014 and 2015 (in terms of full-time equivalent numbers)
- The total number of directly employed NHS staff increased by 1,494 (2.1 per cent) to 73,958.
- Medical & dental staff increased by 109 (1.8 per cent) to 6,120.
- Hospital medical and dental consultants increased by 33 (1.4 per cent) to 2,303.
- Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 383 (1.4 per cent) to 28,684.
- Scientific, therapeutic & technical staff increased by 301 (2.6 per cent) to 11,971.
- Administration & estates staff increased by 552 (3.6 per cent) to 15,724. Of these staff, managers decreased by 77 (3.9 per cent) to 1,898.
- Other staff (including healthcare assistants, support staff and ambulance staff) increased by 150 (1.3 per cent) to 11,459.
Tel: 029 2082 5741
Tel: 029 2089 8099