Tuition fees in Wales frozen
The maximum tuition fee level that institutions in Wales will be able to charge will remain at £9,000 for 2017/18, it has been announced today (Fri 23rd Sept).
- Local insight key for Valleys Taskforce
- New £4m EU-backed fund to invest in Welsh social businesses
- Tuition fees in Wales frozen
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Staff directly employed by the NHS
An annual report which includes data on medical, dental, nursing and midwifery staff.
Between 2014 and 2015 (in terms of full-time equivalent numbers)
- The total number of directly employed NHS staff increased by 1,494 (2.1 per cent) to 73,958.
- Medical & dental staff increased by 109 (1.8 per cent) to 6,120.
- Hospital medical and dental consultants increased by 33 (1.4 per cent) to 2,303.
- Nursing, midwifery and health visiting staff increased by 383 (1.4 per cent) to 28,684.
- Scientific, therapeutic & technical staff increased by 301 (2.6 per cent) to 11,971.
- Administration & estates staff increased by 552 (3.6 per cent) to 15,724. Of these staff, managers decreased by 77 (3.9 per cent) to 1,898.
- Other staff (including healthcare assistants, support staff and ambulance staff) increased by 150 (1.3 per cent) to 11,459.
Tel: 029 2082 5741
Tel: 029 2089 8099