“If Brexit is about “taking back control” then trying to override the British constitution is a bad start” – Counsel General for Wales
The UK will leave the EU, but the UK Government cannot trigger ‘Brexit’ by overriding the laws and conventions of the British constitution, the Counsel General for Wales, Mick Antoniw has said.
- Minister welcomes £10m investment in Cardiff University
- International scale installations to mark “Year of Legends”
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “If Brexit is about “taking back control” then trying to override the British constitution is a bad start” – Counsel General for Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information on the number of Social Housing sales in Wales and their impact on dwelling stock. It covers sales of local authority dwellings and sales of Registered Social Landlord (RSL) dwellings.
- The overall number of social housing sales has been increasing annually since 2009-10, though numbers remain well below the levels seen in the years prior to 2008-09.
- During 2015-16, the number of sales increased by 17 per cent compared to the previous year, to 638. This varied by landlord type, with sales of registered social landlord (RSL) dwellings up by 28 per cent (to 447 dwellings), and local authority sales down by 2 per cent (to 191 dwellings).
- Over the last three years, the majority of all social housing sales have been statutory sales (via Right to Buy and Right to Acquire schemes), accounting for 56 per cent of all sales in 2015-16. Again this varied by landlord type, with statutory sales accounting for 93 per cent of all local authority sales, but for 41 per cent of all RSL sales.
- Since 2008-09, the majority of all social housing sales have been by RSLs. During 2015-16, RSL sales accounted for over two thirds (70 per cent) of all social housing sales.
Tel: 029 2082 5055
Tel: 029 2089 8099