Tuition fees in Wales frozen
The maximum tuition fee level that institutions in Wales will be able to charge will remain at £9,000 for 2017/18, it has been announced today (Fri 23rd Sept).
- Local insight key for Valleys Taskforce
- New £4m EU-backed fund to invest in Welsh social businesses
- Tuition fees in Wales frozen
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Much of the information has already been published in previous statistical volumes. This publication brings the information together as a comprehensive summary of examination performance in Wales.
The hard copy of the publication is no longer produced, however all data continues to be available as Excel spreadsheets on our website. This report presents a selection of that information.
- The percentage of pupils achieving at least the expected level in 2013 was higher than in 2012 for Key Stages 2 and 3, in all subjects.
- Over 4 in 5 (83.0 per cent) pupils at end of Foundation Phase achieved the expected outcome in all mandatory areas of learning, an increase of 2.5 percentage points since the first year of results in 2012.
- 52.7 per cent of pupils aged 15 achieved the level 2 threshold including a GCSE grade A*-C in English or Welsh first language and mathematics in 2013, 1.6 percentage points higher than in 2012. 57.0 per cent of girls and 48.7 per cent of boys achieved this level.
- 59 per cent of entries in GCSE Mathematics achieved grade A*-C. For English Language the percentage was 62 per cent and for Welsh (First Language) it was 72 per cent.
- 11,706 17-year-old pupils entered a volume equivalent to 2 A levels in 2013, a increase of 168 compared with 2012.
- The most popular subject at A level for candidates aged 17 in 2013 was Mathematics, with 2,734 entries.
Tel: 029 2082 5514