Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
European approval for new Wales RDP
The new RDP will be even more innovative, adaptable and integrated inorder to ensure maximum value is secured for rural Wales from theProgramme's joint EU/Welsh Government-funded investments.
- Cardiff appoints leading US compound semiconductor expert with Welsh Government support
- Urdd Eisteddfod is a unique celebration of our language and culture – Carwyn Jones
- European approval for new Wales RDP
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report that presents data collected from the Pupil Level Annual School Census, with additional information on the schools and their teachers and support staff.
- Overall, there were 23 fewer LA maintained schools than at January 2013.
- The total number of pupils in LA maintained schools was 465,081, a rise of 213 pupils since January 2013.
- The numbers of pupils aged 5 to 10 have increased to 200,580 in 2014 compared to 195,604 in 2013. The numbers of pupils aged under 5 have been increasing since 2006.
- The percentage of pupils of compulsory school age in LA maintained schools known to be eligible for free school meals was 19.1 per cent in 2014 – down from 19.5 per cent in 2013.
- There were 24,822.5 full-time equivalent qualified teachers in LA maintained schools, an increase of 51.9 over the year.
- There were 23,546.8 full-time equivalent support staff in LA maintained schools, an increase of 807.7 staff in the last year and continuing the trend of recent years.
- 6.9 per cent of pupils (7,301) were in infant classes of over 30 pupils, up from 6.6 per cent in January 2013.
Tel: 029 2082 5068