Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report that presents data collected from the Pupil Level Annual School Census, with additional information on the schools and their teachers and support staff.
- Overall, there were 38 fewer LA maintained schools than at January 2014.
- The total number of pupils in LA maintained schools was 465,704, a rise of 623 pupils since January 2014.
- The numbers of pupils aged 5 to 10 have increased to 203,847 in 2015 compared to 200,580 in 2014. The numbers of pupils aged under 5 have been increasing since 2006.
- The percentage of pupils of compulsory school age in LA maintained schools known to be eligible for free school meals was 18.8 per cent in 2015 – down from 19.1 per cent in 2014.
- There were 24,510.8 full-time equivalent qualified teachers in LA maintained schools, a decrease of 311.7 over the year.
- There were 24,441.0 full-time equivalent support staff in LA maintained schools, an increase of 86.5 staff in the last year and continuing the trend of recent years.
- 7.3 per cent of pupils (7,835) were in infant classes of over 30 pupils, up from 6.9 per cent in January 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 5068