Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are integral toWales’ national identity and are recognised internationally.
- £6.2 million IT investment in North Wales healthcare
- Funding for new Life Sciences Innovation Village in Cardiff
- Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
- Provisions for the proposed Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (Wales) 2015 and amendments to the Compensation and Pension Schemes 2007
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report that presents data collected from the Pupil Level Annual School Census, with additional information on the schools and their teachers and support staff.
- Overall, there were 23 fewer LA maintained schools than at January 2013.
- The total number of pupils in LA maintained schools was 465,081, a rise of 213 pupils since January 2013.
- The numbers of pupils aged 5 to 10 have increased to 200,580 in 2014 compared to 195,604 in 2013. The numbers of pupils aged under 5 have been increasing since 2006.
- The percentage of pupils of compulsory school age in LA maintained schools known to be eligible for free school meals was 19.1 per cent in 2014 – down from 19.5 per cent in 2013.
- There were 24,822.5 full-time equivalent qualified teachers in LA maintained schools, an increase of 51.9 over the year.
- There were 23,546.8 full-time equivalent support staff in LA maintained schools, an increase of 807.7 staff in the last year and continuing the trend of recent years.
- 6.9 per cent of pupils (7,301) were in infant classes of over 30 pupils, up from 6.6 per cent in January 2013.
Tel: 029 2082 5068