“Quality at the heart of Welsh NHS” finds new international report
A new international report has concluded that quality is at the heart of the Welsh NHS and patient-centred care is a major priority (Friday 12th February).
- £19m investment in Welsh housing
- Toyota Manufacturing UK’s Deeside Plant to produce next generation hybrid engines
- “Quality at the heart of Welsh NHS” finds new international report
- School Pupil Eye Care Service for Wales
- Proposals relating to the Statement of Public Participation for the National Development Framework
- The draft Private Dentistry (Wales) Regulations 2016
- Draft Local Government (Wales) Bill and Explanatory Memorandum
- Blue Badge Scheme in Wales: Changes to eligibility to include people with temporary impairments, assessment and enforcement 2016
- Proposed New Management Measures for the Scallop Fishery in Cardigan Bay
Featured consultation »The draft Private Dentistry (Wales) Regulations 2016
68 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016
The act will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWales Act 2014 annual reports
Action undertaken on the finance provisions in Part 2 of the Wales Act 2014.
2nd Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 2nd Supplementary Budget proposes changes to the 1st Supplementary Budget for 2015-16 published 23 June 2015.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report that presents data collected from the Pupil Level Annual School Census, with additional information on the schools and their teachers and support staff.
- Overall, there were 38 fewer LA maintained schools than at January 2014.
- The total number of pupils in LA maintained schools was 465,704, a rise of 623 pupils since January 2014.
- The numbers of pupils aged 5 to 10 have increased to 203,847 in 2015 compared to 200,580 in 2014. The numbers of pupils aged under 5 have been increasing since 2006.
- The percentage of pupils of compulsory school age in LA maintained schools known to be eligible for free school meals was 18.8 per cent in 2015 – down from 19.1 per cent in 2014.
- There were 24,510.8 full-time equivalent qualified teachers in LA maintained schools, a decrease of 311.7 over the year.
- There were 24,441.0 full-time equivalent support staff in LA maintained schools, an increase of 86.5 staff in the last year and continuing the trend of recent years.
- 7.3 per cent of pupils (7,835) were in infant classes of over 30 pupils, up from 6.9 per cent in January 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 5068