Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- ‘Positive parenting’ campaign set to hit the big screen
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report that presents data collected from the Pupil Level Annual School Census, with additional information on the schools and their teachers and support staff.
- Overall, there were 21 fewer local authority (LA) maintained schools than at January 2015.
- The total number of pupils in LA maintained schools was 466,555, a rise of 851 pupils since January 2015.
- The numbers of pupils aged 5 to 10 have increased to 207,328 in 2016 compared to 203,847 in 2015. The numbers of pupils aged under 5 have been increasing since 2006.
- The percentage of pupils of compulsory school age in LA maintained schools known to be eligible for free school meals in 2016 was 18.4 per cent – down from 18.8 per cent in 2015.
- There were 24,235.8 full-time equivalent qualified teachers in LA maintained schools, 275.0 fewer than at January 2015.
- 7.6 per cent of pupils (8,196) were in infant classes of over 30 pupils, up from 7.3 per cent in January 2015.
- 61 per cent of teachers took sickness absence during 2015, compared with 62 per cent during 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 5068
Tel: 029 2089 8099