Wales will have the courage to deliver national mission of education reform – Kirsty Williams
Wales will have the courage to deliver its national mission of education reform, Education Secretary Kirsty Williams vowed today as the latest PISA results were published (Tues 6th Dec).
- Minister welcomes £10m investment in Cardiff University
- International scale installations to mark “Year of Legends”
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Wales will have the courage to deliver national mission of education reform – Kirsty Williams
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report presenting information on volume of traffic by type of vehicle and class of road.
- In 2015, the total volume of motorised traffic in Wales was 28.4 billion vehicle kilometres (VKM), which is equivalent to 9,184 vehicles kilometres (5,740 miles) per head of the population over the year.
- Within this total volume of traffic, cars accounted for 79 per cent of the total.
- Vehicles travelled mostly on the major roads, with 65 per cent of motor traffic in Wales either on motorways or A roads.
- Motor traffic in Wales peaked in 2015 at 28.4 billion vehicle kilometres, which is 1.5 per cent higher than the previous peak in 2007 and represents a 1.8 per cent increase on 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 6960
Tel: 029 2089 8099