Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
A new model of clinical supervision for midwives in Wales was launched by Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) Professor Jean White.
- Health Secretary Vaughan Gething announces all-Wales PrEP trial
- Ken Skates keen to explore further A55 improvements
- Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report presenting information on volume of traffic by type of vehicle and class of road.
- In 2015, the total volume of motorised traffic in Wales was 28.4 billion vehicle kilometres (VKM), which is equivalent to 9,184 vehicles kilometres (5,740 miles) per head of the population over the year.
- Within this total volume of traffic, cars accounted for 79 per cent of the total.
- Vehicles travelled mostly on the major roads, with 65 per cent of motor traffic in Wales either on motorways or A roads.
- Motor traffic in Wales peaked in 2015 at 28.4 billion vehicle kilometres, which is 1.5 per cent higher than the previous peak in 2007 and represents a 1.8 per cent increase on 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 6960
Tel: 029 2089 8099