Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
A major new campaign to promote Wales as an excellent place for doctors, including GPs, and their families, to train, work and live has been launched by First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones.
- £1m investment for clean sheets in NHS Wales
- Finance Ministers will press Chancellor for infrastructure stimulus
- Train / Work / Live – First Minister of Wales launches major new GP recruitment campaign
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report presenting information on volume of traffic by type of vehicle and class of road.
- In 2014, the total volume of motorised traffic in Wales was 27.9 billion vehicle kilometres, which is equivalent to 9,000 vehicles kilometres, or 5,600 miles, per head of the population over the year.
- Within this total volume of traffic, cars accounted for 79 per cent of the total.
- Vehicles travelled mostly on the major roads, with 64 per cent of motor traffic in Wales either on motorways or A roads.
- Motor traffic in Wales peaked in 2007 at 28.0 billion vehicle kilometres. However Traffic in 2014 was 3 per cent higher than in 2013 at 27.9 billion vehicle kilometres.
Tel: 029 2082 5413