- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report presenting information on volume of traffic by type of vehicle and class of road.
- In 2014, the total volume of motorised traffic in Wales was 27.9 billion vehicle kilometres, which is equivalent to 9,000 vehicles kilometres, or 5,600 miles, per head of the population over the year.
- Within this total volume of traffic, cars accounted for 79 per cent of the total.
- Vehicles travelled mostly on the major roads, with 64 per cent of motor traffic in Wales either on motorways or A roads.
- Motor traffic in Wales peaked in 2007 at 28.0 billion vehicle kilometres. However Traffic in 2014 was 3 per cent higher than in 2013 at 27.9 billion vehicle kilometres.
Tel: 029 2082 5413