UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
70 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report presenting information on volume of traffic by type of vehicle and class of road.
- In 2014, the total volume of motorised traffic in Wales was 27.9 billion vehicle kilometres, which is equivalent to 9,000 vehicles kilometres, or 5,600 miles, per head of the population over the year.
- Within this total volume of traffic, cars accounted for 79 per cent of the total.
- Vehicles travelled mostly on the major roads, with 64 per cent of motor traffic in Wales either on motorways or A roads.
- Motor traffic in Wales peaked in 2007 at 28.0 billion vehicle kilometres. However Traffic in 2014 was 3 per cent higher than in 2013 at 27.9 billion vehicle kilometres.
Tel: 029 2082 5413