“NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
NHS Bursaries for eligible student nurses, midwives and allied health professionals will continue to be available in Wales in 2017/18.
- Welsh Government appoints Emma Watkins to key role
- People with diabetes deserve the best possible care and support - says Health Secretary
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- “NHS Bursary to stay in Wales”- says Health Secretary
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report showing information by road class.
- The total road length in Wales in 2014-15 was 34,495 km.
- Unclassified minor surfaced roads contribute approximately half the total road length in Wales.
- Powys covers by far the largest land area of the Welsh local authorities. It accounts for the highest proportion of all A Trunk roads (27 per cent), B and C roads (21 per cent) and minor surfaced roads (12 per cent), resulting in an overall 16 per cent of the total road length of Wales.
- The greatest length of motorway is in Newport, which accounts for 19 per cent of the total motorway in Wales.
- In 2014-15, 11.5 per cent of the motorway network and 12.2 per cent of the trunk road network required close monitoring of structural condition compared with 12.8 per cent and 14.3 per cent respectively in 2013-14.
- During 2014-15 Powys had the highest proportion of road network in need of further investigation due to its condition, 20 per cent.
Tel: 029 2082 5062