Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
First Minister Carwyn Jones is in Doha to develop Wales’ economic relationship with Qatar.
- Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
- Health Secretary Vaughan Gething announces all-Wales PrEP trial
- Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report showing information by road class.
- The total road length in Wales in 2015-16 was 34,642 km.
- Unclassified minor surfaced roads contribute approximately half the total road length in Wales.
- Powys covers by far the largest land area of the Welsh local authorities. It accounts for the highest proportion of all A Trunk roads (27 per cent), B and C roads (21 per cent) and minor surfaced roads (12 per cent), resulting in an overall 16 per cent of the total road length of Wales.
- The greatest length of motorway is in Newport, which accounts for 19 per cent of the total motorway in Wales.
- In 2015-16, 4.3 per cent of the motorway network and 5.7 per cent of the trunk road network required close monitoring of structural condition.
- During 2015-16 Powys had the highest proportion of road network in need of further investigation due to its condition, 20 per cent.
Tel: 029 2082 6960
Tel: 029 2089 8099