5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Today (1 October) marks the five year anniversary of the introduction of the Welsh Government’s ground-breaking Single Use Carrier Bag charge.
- Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
- Blue Badge eligibility criteria expanded
- 5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report showing information by road class.
- The total road length in Wales in 2014-15 was 34,495 km.
- Unclassified minor surfaced roads contribute approximately half the total road length in Wales.
- Powys covers by far the largest land area of the Welsh local authorities. It accounts for the highest proportion of all A Trunk roads (27 per cent), B and C roads (21 per cent) and minor surfaced roads (12 per cent), resulting in an overall 16 per cent of the total road length of Wales.
- The greatest length of motorway is in Newport, which accounts for 19 per cent of the total motorway in Wales.
- In 2014-15, 11.5 per cent of the motorway network and 12.2 per cent of the trunk road network required close monitoring of structural condition compared with 12.8 per cent and 14.3 per cent respectively in 2013-14.
- During 2014-15 Powys had the highest proportion of road network in need of further investigation due to its condition, 20 per cent.
Tel: 029 2082 5062