Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Following the announcement to declare a new Avian Influenza Prevention Zone the Chief Veterinary Officer for Wales is reminding bird keepers to be prepared ahead of its implementation next Tuesday.
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report showing information by road class.
- The total road length in Wales in 2015-16 was 34,642 km.
- Unclassified minor surfaced roads contribute approximately half the total road length in Wales.
- Powys covers by far the largest land area of the Welsh local authorities. It accounts for the highest proportion of all A Trunk roads (27 per cent), B and C roads (21 per cent) and minor surfaced roads (12 per cent), resulting in an overall 16 per cent of the total road length of Wales.
- The greatest length of motorway is in Newport, which accounts for 19 per cent of the total motorway in Wales.
- In 2015-16, 4.3 per cent of the motorway network and 5.7 per cent of the trunk road network required close monitoring of structural condition.
- During 2015-16 Powys had the highest proportion of road network in need of further investigation due to its condition, 20 per cent.
Tel: 029 2082 6960
Tel: 029 2089 8099