First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Statement by the First Minister on today's Heathrow announcement.
- Environment Secretary officially opens Merthyr community energy scheme
- Funding to help young people & teachers Show Racism the Red Card
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report showing information by road class.
- The total road length in Wales in 2014-15 was 34,495 km.
- Unclassified minor surfaced roads contribute approximately half the total road length in Wales.
- Powys covers by far the largest land area of the Welsh local authorities. It accounts for the highest proportion of all A Trunk roads (27 per cent), B and C roads (21 per cent) and minor surfaced roads (12 per cent), resulting in an overall 16 per cent of the total road length of Wales.
- The greatest length of motorway is in Newport, which accounts for 19 per cent of the total motorway in Wales.
- In 2014-15, 11.5 per cent of the motorway network and 12.2 per cent of the trunk road network required close monitoring of structural condition compared with 12.8 per cent and 14.3 per cent respectively in 2013-14.
- During 2014-15 Powys had the highest proportion of road network in need of further investigation due to its condition, 20 per cent.
Tel: 029 2082 5062