Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
64 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information about the imports and exports to and from Wales that are carried by road.
- UK registered HGVs carried 42 millions tonnes of road freight within Wales; 23 million tonnes to Wales from the rest of the UK; 24 million from Wales to the rest of the UK.
- Over three quarters of the freight from Wales goes to the North West, the South West and the West Midlands; they also account for 72 per cent of the road freight moving into Wales from the rest of the UK.
- The largest commodities carried (the total for within Wales and between Wales and the rest of the UK) were quarrying products (not coal though), food products, and agricultural products; in total just under half of the goods carried by weight.
- The figures also show UK registered HGVs carrying 270 thousand tonnes of imports from outside UK and 400 thousand tonnes of exports to destinations outside the UK (these are far from a full picture of road freight imports and exports as much of the traffic is carried in EU-registered HGVs).
- 79 per cent of the tonnage of exports were to Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Germany and the same four countries together accounted for a similar proportion of imports.
Tel: 029 2082 5459