Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£6m to help older people live independently in their home
A £6 million investment to help older people in Wales live independently in their own home, has been announced by the Minister for Communities and Tackling Poverty, Lesley Griffiths.
- European approval for new Wales RDP
- Cardiff appoints leading US compound semiconductor expert with Welsh Government support
- £6m to help older people live independently in their home
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information about the imports and exports to and from Wales that are carried by road.
- UK registered HGVs carried 42 millions tonnes of road freight within Wales; 23 million tonnes to Wales from the rest of the UK; 24 million from Wales to the rest of the UK.
- Over three quarters of the freight from Wales goes to the North West, the South West and the West Midlands; they also account for 72 per cent of the road freight moving into Wales from the rest of the UK.
- The largest commodities carried (the total for within Wales and between Wales and the rest of the UK) were quarrying products (not coal though), food products, and agricultural products; in total just under half of the goods carried by weight.
- The figures also show UK registered HGVs carrying 270 thousand tonnes of imports from outside UK and 400 thousand tonnes of exports to destinations outside the UK (these are far from a full picture of road freight imports and exports as much of the traffic is carried in EU-registered HGVs).
- 79 per cent of the tonnage of exports were to Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Germany and the same four countries together accounted for a similar proportion of imports.
Tel: 029 2082 5459