Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Our special relationship must boost trade and remove barriers - First Minister’s message ahead of United States visit
- Cabinet Secretary to celebrate the best of Wales in Dubai
- Kirsty Williams welcomes new OECD report on Welsh education reform
- Our special relationship must boost trade and remove barriers - First Minister’s message ahead of United States visit
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
An annual report which includes information about the imports and exports to and from Wales that are carried by road.
- UK registered HGVs carried 42 millions tonnes of road freight within Wales; 23 million tonnes to Wales from the rest of the UK; 24 million from Wales to the rest of the UK.
- Over three quarters of the freight from Wales goes to the North West, the South West and the West Midlands; they also account for 72 per cent of the road freight moving into Wales from the rest of the UK.
- The largest commodities carried (the total for within Wales and between Wales and the rest of the UK) were quarrying products (not coal though), food products, and agricultural products; in total just under half of the goods carried by weight.
- The figures also show UK registered HGVs carrying 270 thousand tonnes of imports from outside UK and 400 thousand tonnes of exports to destinations outside the UK (these are far from a full picture of road freight imports and exports as much of the traffic is carried in EU-registered HGVs).
- 79 per cent of the tonnage of exports were to Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Germany and the same four countries together accounted for a similar proportion of imports.
Tel: 029 2082 5459