Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
65 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information on referrals by local authority, young carers and those on Child Protection Registers.
- Local authorities received over 35,400 referrals during the year. 21 per cent of referrals were for children who had previously been referred to the same local authority compared to 22 per cent in the previous year.
- Nearly 27,200 initial assessments were completed. 76 per cent were carried out within 7 working days of referral compared to 72 per cent in the previous year.
- Over four-fifths (81 per cent) of required core assessments were completed within 35 working days, which is the same as in 2013-14.
- 2,936 children were registered on local authority Child Protection Registers (CPRs) at 31 March 2015. 31 per cent of children had been on CPRs for less than 3 months, while 16 per cent of children had been on registers for more than 12 months.
Tel: 029 2082 3625