Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Supporting People budget protected
The Supporting People budget for local authorities in 2017-18 has been protected at the same level as this year.
- First Minister celebrates the inspiring winners of the 2017 St David Awards
- Welsh Government confirms commitment to £1bn of innovative investment in infrastructure
- Supporting People budget protected
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on referrals by local authority, young carers and those on Child Protection Registers.
- Local authorities received over 33,500 referrals during the year a decrease of 5.3 per cent compared with 2014-15. There were just over 6,700 re-referrals within 12 months in 2015-16.
- Nearly 26,400 initial assessments were completed, a decrease of 2.9 per cent compared to 2014-15.
- 3,059 children were registered on local authority Child Protection Registers (CPRs) at 31 March 2016. 34 per cent of children had been on CPRs for less than 3 months, while 14 per cent of children had been on registers for more than 12 months.
- Just over 6,600 health assessments were due for looked after children. Of these, nearly 5,200 (78 per cent) of health assessments were undertaken as required.
Tel: 029 2082 6186
Tel: 029 2089 8099