UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
70 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on referrals by local authority, young carers and those on Child Protection Registers.
- Local authorities received over 35,400 referrals during the year. 21 per cent of referrals were for children who had previously been referred to the same local authority compared to 22 per cent in the previous year.
- Nearly 27,200 initial assessments were completed. 76 per cent were carried out within 7 working days of referral compared to 72 per cent in the previous year.
- Over four-fifths (81 per cent) of required core assessments were completed within 35 working days, which is the same as in 2013-14.
- 2,936 children were registered on local authority Child Protection Registers (CPRs) at 31 March 2015. 31 per cent of children had been on CPRs for less than 3 months, while 16 per cent of children had been on registers for more than 12 months.
Tel: 029 2082 3625