5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Today (1 October) marks the five year anniversary of the introduction of the Welsh Government’s ground-breaking Single Use Carrier Bag charge.
- Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
- Blue Badge eligibility criteria expanded
- 5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Rail station usage
A report which compares rail station usage, for each and every station by line or route.
- In 2014-15 there were 221 rail stations in Wales.
- There was an annual increase of 1.4 per cent in the number of station entries/exits in Wales in 2014-15 compared to last year.
- Cardiff Central remains the busiest station in Wales with around one quarter of all station entries/exits (11.9m in 2014-15).
- Of the 20 busiest stations in Wales, half are part of the Valley Lines network, not including Cardiff Central and Cardiff Queen Street and three in North Wales at Rhyl, Bangor and Wrexham General.
- Rail station usage in Wales accounts for around 2 per cent of the UK total.
Tel: 029 2037 0355
Tel: 029 2089 8099