UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
69 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Pupils educated other than at school
An annual report which presents data on individual pupils receiving education outside of school, including Pupil Referral Units, which includes data by age, gender and the type of provision.
Statistics are based upon data relating to pupils known by Local Authorities to be receiving education outside of school during the academic week from 12 to 16 January 2015.
- 2,157 pupils were recorded as being educated other than at school, with 1,387 of these receiving their main education outside of school.
- The rate of pupils receiving their main education other than at school increased to 3.0 per 1,000 pupils.
- 7 out of 10 pupils whose main education is other than at school were boys.
- Pupil referral units remain the most frequently-used education provision for pupils whose main education is other than at school.
- 3.8 out of every 1,000 pupils in Wales were reported to be electively home educated.
Tel: 029 2082 3599