Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Health Secretary announces IPFR Review Panel
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A report showing information on mode of transport, frequency of travel, purpose of journey and reason for not using public transport.
The statistics have been taken from the 2005 and 2006 Living in Wales surveys, which is an annual Welsh household survey.
- Fewer than 1 in 5 male respondents have used their local bus service in the last seven days.
- A quarter of female respondents have used the bus in the last seven days.
- Only 1 in 20 respondents have used the train in the last seven days.
- Respondents aged under 30 and those aged 60 and over are more likely to have used the bus in the last seven days than those in other age groups.
- Those living in households of lower income are more than twice as likely to have used the bus in the last seven days than those in higher income households.
Tel: 029 2082 5208