UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
75 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A report showing information on mode of transport, frequency of travel, purpose of journey and reason for not using public transport.
The statistics have been taken from the 2005 and 2006 Living in Wales surveys, which is an annual Welsh household survey.
- Fewer than 1 in 5 male respondents have used their local bus service in the last seven days.
- A quarter of female respondents have used the bus in the last seven days.
- Only 1 in 20 respondents have used the train in the last seven days.
- Respondents aged under 30 and those aged 60 and over are more likely to have used the bus in the last seven days than those in other age groups.
- Those living in households of lower income are more than twice as likely to have used the bus in the last seven days than those in higher income households.
Tel: 029 2082 5208