Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Wales is the leading UK nation in recycling emissions saved per person.
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
- Tower of London Poppies: Welsh host venues wanted
- Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Protection of vulnerable adults
An annual report which includes data on the Protection of Vulnerable Adults in Wales.
- The reported number of completed referrals for adult protection increased by 18 per cent between 2012-13 and 2013-14.
- Neglect and physical abuse were the most common types of abuse reported in referrals, occurring in 31 per cent and 27 per cent respectively.
- 63 per cent of completed referrals were for women and 66 per cent were for people aged 65 and over.
- 34 per cent of victims who alleged abuse lived in their own home.
- Staff were most likely to be alleged responsible for abuse in 2013-14 (56 per cent of referrals) followed by relatives (23 per cent).
Tel: 029 2082 6186