£1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
More than £1bn of EU structural funds have been invested in schemes across Wales
- New prestigious awards to recognise the best in Welsh teaching
- Welsh Government gets behind Small Business Saturday
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- £1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Protection of vulnerable adults
An annual report which includes data on the Protection of Vulnerable Adults in Wales.
- The reported number of completed referrals for adult protection decreased by 5 per cent between 2013-14 and 2014-15.
- Neglect and physical abuse were the most common types of abuse reported in referrals, occurring in 35 per cent and 31 per cent respectively.
- 63 per cent of completed referrals were for women and 66 per cent were for people aged 65 and over.
- 40 per cent of victims who alleged abuse lived in their own home.
- Staff were most likely to be alleged responsible for abuse in 2014-15 (57 per cent of referrals) followed by relatives (25 per cent).
Tel: 029 2082 6186