First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
First Minister Carwyn Jones has announced the next tranche in a series of major investments as part of an ongoing programme of support to secure the long term future of the Tata steel works in Wales.
- Attainment gap for those on free school meals closes again
- Significant fall in diagnostics and therapy waits in Wales
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister announces major investment for steel in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
- Achievement and entitlement to free school meals
- Delayed transfers of care
- Evaluation of the Foundation Phase Flexibility Pilot Scheme
- Farm incomes
- NHS diagnostic and therapy service waiting times
- Process evaluation of the Parents, Childcare and Employment (PaCE) Project
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Projected apprenticeship framework success rates and provisional destinations data for traineeship and steps to employment learners
A report showing data by sector subject areas.
The figures are derived from the Lifelong Learning Wales Record (LLWR).
- In 2011/12, projected apprenticeship framework success rates were 77 per cent and 79 per cent in Foundation Apprenticeship and Apprenticeship programmes respectively.
- 62 per cent of learners who left Traineeship programmes between 1 August 2011 and 30 April 2012 had a positive progression (ie. to employment (including self employment or voluntary work) or learning at a higher level).
- 43 per cent of learners who left Steps to Employment programmes during the same period had a positive progression (ie. to employment (including self employment or voluntary work) or further learning.
Tel: 029 2082 5067