Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £6.7m investment in new IT system to integrate NHS and social services in Wales
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report including information on prescription items dispensed and net ingredient cost.
- Between 2003-04 and 2013-14 the number of prescription items dispensed in Wales increased by 48.8% from 51.3 to 76.3 million.
- Over the decade the net ingredient cost (NIC) of prescription items prescribed by GPs in Wales increased by 3.5% to £569.4 million.
Compared to the rest of the UK:
- Wales dispensed the highest number of prescription items per head of population – 24.7 compared to 21.1 in Northern Ireland, 19.1 in England and 18.6 in Scotland.
- Wales had the second lowest net ingredient cost per head of population - £182.96 compared to £223.54 in Northern Ireland, £183.73 in Scotland and £160.12 in England.
- Wales had the lowest net ingredient cost per prescription item - £7.40 compared to £8.37 in England, £9.87 in Scotland and £10.58 in Northern Ireland.
Tel: 029 2082 5036