Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report including information on prescription items dispensed and net ingredient cost.
- Between 2003-04 and 2013-14 the number of prescription items dispensed in Wales increased by 48.8% from 51.3 to 76.3 million.
- Over the decade the net ingredient cost (NIC) of prescription items prescribed by GPs in Wales increased by 3.5% to £569.4 million.
Compared to the rest of the UK:
- Wales dispensed the highest number of prescription items per head of population – 24.7 compared to 21.1 in Northern Ireland, 19.1 in England and 18.6 in Scotland.
- Wales had the second lowest net ingredient cost per head of population - £182.96 compared to £223.54 in Northern Ireland, £183.73 in Scotland and £160.12 in England.
- Wales had the lowest net ingredient cost per prescription item - £7.40 compared to £8.37 in England, £9.87 in Scotland and £10.58 in Northern Ireland.
Tel: 029 2082 5036