Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales programme for Roald Dahl’s centenary in 2016 is unveiled
Wales was first in line to announce a programme of events to celebrate the centenary of Roald Dahl in 2016.
- New proposals to strengthen NHS Wales set out in Green Paper
- Planning Act receives Royal Assent
- Wales programme for Roald Dahl’s centenary in 2016 is unveiled
- Draft Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill
- Green Paper: Our Health, Our Health Service
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
0 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report including information on prescription items dispensed and net ingredient cost.
- Between 2003-04 and 2013-14 the number of prescription items dispensed in Wales increased by 48.8% from 51.3 to 76.3 million.
- Over the decade the net ingredient cost (NIC) of prescription items prescribed by GPs in Wales increased by 3.5% to £569.4 million.
Compared to the rest of the UK:
- Wales dispensed the highest number of prescription items per head of population – 24.7 compared to 21.1 in Northern Ireland, 19.1 in England and 18.6 in Scotland.
- Wales had the second lowest net ingredient cost per head of population - £182.96 compared to £223.54 in Northern Ireland, £183.73 in Scotland and £160.12 in England.
- Wales had the lowest net ingredient cost per prescription item - £7.40 compared to £8.37 in England, £9.87 in Scotland and £10.58 in Northern Ireland.
Tel: 029 2082 5036