Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are integral to Wales’ national identity and are recognised internationally.
- £6.2 million IT investment in North Wales healthcare
- Funding for new Life Sciences Innovation Village in Cardiff
- Minister wants bigger role for National Parks
- Consultation on Service Framework for the Treatment of People with a Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Misuse Problem 2015
- Proposed changes to homelessness data collections
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Provisions for the proposed Firefighters’ Pension Scheme (Wales) 2015 and amendments to the Compensation and Pension Schemes 2007
- Draft National Transport Plan 2015
- Consultation on the Draft National Assembly for Wales (Disqualification) Order 2015
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report including information on prescription items dispensed and net ingredient cost.
- Between 2003-04 and 2013-14 the number of prescription items dispensed in Wales increased by 48.8% from 51.3 to 76.3 million.
- Over the decade the net ingredient cost (NIC) of prescription items prescribed by GPs in Wales increased by 3.5% to £569.4 million.
Compared to the rest of the UK:
- Wales dispensed the highest number of prescription items per head of population – 24.7 compared to 21.1 in Northern Ireland, 19.1 in England and 18.6 in Scotland.
- Wales had the second lowest net ingredient cost per head of population - £182.96 compared to £223.54 in Northern Ireland, £183.73 in Scotland and £160.12 in England.
- Wales had the lowest net ingredient cost per prescription item - £7.40 compared to £8.37 in England, £9.87 in Scotland and £10.58 in Northern Ireland.
Tel: 029 2082 5036