New hydro powered lighting gives children of Uganda a bright future
Vaughan Gething has visited Bumayoka Primary School in Mbale, Uganda to switch on new low energy lighting.
- Wales passes €50m milestone in flagship EU research and innovation programme
- Kirsty welcomes comforting views from home
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- New hydro powered lighting gives children of Uganda a bright future
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
This report has been postponed because little new information about people and vehicle ownership has become available since the last edition. As a result we are re-considering the information we publish about people and transport and will inform and consult users about this in due course”
Key points, 2012
- Averaged over the two years 2011 and 2012, the National Travel Survey (NTS) shows that some 24 per cent of households in Wales did not own a car, 40 per cent owned one car and 36 per cent owned two cars.
- On census day, 23 per cent of households in Wales did not have a car or van in the household. This rises to 34 per cent of lone parent households, 45 per cent of one person households, 44 per cent of households that are social or private rented, and 35 per cent of non-white households, i.e. the household reference person belongs to an ethnic group other than white.
- Averaged over the two years 2011 and 2012, the NTS suggests that some 80 per cent of men aged 17 and over had a driving licence, compared with 67 per cent of women.
- There were 59 thousand practical driving tests administered in Wales in 2012-13. This is 6 thousand fewer than in 2011-12 and 28 thousand fewer than in 2006-07, the most recent peak year for tests in Wales.
- The number of vehicle parking badges on issue at 31 March 2013 was 202 thousand to individuals and 1,500 to institutions.
Tel: 029 2082 5062