UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
71 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
This report has been postponed because little new information about people and vehicle ownership has become available since the last edition. As a result we are re-considering the information we publish about people and transport and will inform and consult users about this in due course”
Key points, 2012
- Averaged over the two years 2011 and 2012, the National Travel Survey (NTS) shows that some 24 per cent of households in Wales did not own a car, 40 per cent owned one car and 36 per cent owned two cars.
- On census day, 23 per cent of households in Wales did not have a car or van in the household. This rises to 34 per cent of lone parent households, 45 per cent of one person households, 44 per cent of households that are social or private rented, and 35 per cent of non-white households, i.e. the household reference person belongs to an ethnic group other than white.
- Averaged over the two years 2011 and 2012, the NTS suggests that some 80 per cent of men aged 17 and over had a driving licence, compared with 67 per cent of women.
- There were 59 thousand practical driving tests administered in Wales in 2012-13. This is 6 thousand fewer than in 2011-12 and 28 thousand fewer than in 2006-07, the most recent peak year for tests in Wales.
- The number of vehicle parking badges on issue at 31 March 2013 was 202 thousand to individuals and 1,500 to institutions.
Tel: 029 2082 5062