Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
0 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
This report has been postponed because little new information about people and vehicle ownership has become available since the last edition. As a result we are re-considering the information we publish about people and transport and will inform and consult users about this in due course”
Key points, 2012
- Averaged over the two years 2011 and 2012, the National Travel Survey (NTS) shows that some 24 per cent of households in Wales did not own a car, 40 per cent owned one car and 36 per cent owned two cars.
- On census day, 23 per cent of households in Wales did not have a car or van in the household. This rises to 34 per cent of lone parent households, 45 per cent of one person households, 44 per cent of households that are social or private rented, and 35 per cent of non-white households, i.e. the household reference person belongs to an ethnic group other than white.
- Averaged over the two years 2011 and 2012, the NTS suggests that some 80 per cent of men aged 17 and over had a driving licence, compared with 67 per cent of women.
- There were 59 thousand practical driving tests administered in Wales in 2012-13. This is 6 thousand fewer than in 2011-12 and 28 thousand fewer than in 2006-07, the most recent peak year for tests in Wales.
- The number of vehicle parking badges on issue at 31 March 2013 was 202 thousand to individuals and 1,500 to institutions.
Tel: 029 2082 5062