5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Today (1 October) marks the five year anniversary of the introduction of the Welsh Government’s ground-breaking Single Use Carrier Bag charge.
- Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
- Blue Badge eligibility criteria expanded
- 5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Patients in mental health hospitals and units
An annual report which includes information on the total number of patients, gender and length of care.
Hospitals and units for people with a mental illness
- There were 1,430 resident patients.
- The number of patients had fallen by 560 (28%) since 31 March 2006 and by 11 (1%) since 31 March 2015.
- 741 patients (52%) had been resident for less than 3 months.
- 580 patients (41%) were detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 and other legislation, an increase of 14 (2%) from 2015 and 52 (10%) from 2006.
- There were fewer female patients (625) than males (805) and they tended to be older (53% of female patients were aged 65 or over compared with 40% of males).
Hospitals and units for people with a learning disability
- There were 117 resident patients, 77 males (66% of the total) and 40 females. This was 8 (6%) fewer than 2015, and 53 (31%) less than 2006.
- 28 patients (24% of the total) were detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 and other legislation, a decrease of 3 from 2015 but an increase of 11 from 2006.
- 74 patients (63%) had been resident for 2 years or more.
Tel: 029 2082 5080
Tel: 029 2089 8099