First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Statement by the First Minister on today's Heathrow announcement.
- Environment Secretary officially opens Merthyr community energy scheme
- Funding to help young people & teachers Show Racism the Red Card
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- First Minister welcomes plans to expand Heathrow
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
This review was carried out with the aim of updating an existing systematic review conducted by the University of York in 2008. It examined the impact of ‘opt-out’ legislation on organ donation rates.
This paper presents three main strands of evidence:
- International evidence suggests that an association exists between presumed consent legislation and increased organ donation rates;
- Recent surveys indicate that there is significant support for the introduction of an opt-out system for organ donation in Wales;
- Experimental literature provides evidence for a mechanism through which presumed consent might increase organ donation, through the influence of the default position.