Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.
£45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
A £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills and improve career prospects across South Wales has been announced by Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Local Government Mark Drakeford.
- Emergency ambulance response continues to improve
- £36m EU-backed investment in research and innovation for Welsh business
- £45m EU-backed investment to raise skills across South Wales
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Older drivers and road accidents
An annual report which presents data by type of accident, manoeuvre, vehicle type, gender and age.
- Around 1 in 10 accidents involve a driver aged 70 or older.
- Around 1 in 10 road accident casualties occurs in accidents where at least one driver is aged 70 or older.
- Around one in 20 drivers involved in road accidents in Wales are aged 70 or older.
- 617 drivers aged 70 or over were involved in 595 road accidents in 2011.
- 14 of these drivers were involved in fatal accidents, 112 in serious accidents and 491 in slight accidents.
- 6 per cent of the drivers (of known age) involved in all motorised vehicle accidents.
Tel: 029 2082 5062