Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
The Welsh Government has launched a marketing campaign to urge the public to contact the Welsh Government’s Resource Efficient Wales helpline.
- Plan unveiled to signpost visitors to Welsh culinary gems
- Ground-breaking Acts receive Royal Assent
- New service to help people across Wales save on energy, waste and water
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Raising the ambitions and educational attainment of children who are looked after in Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Tax devolution in Wales - Consultation on a Land Transaction Tax
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Older drivers and road accidents
An annual report which presents data by type of accident, manoeuvre, vehicle type, gender and age.
- Around 1 in 10 accidents involve a driver aged 70 or older.
- Around 1 in 10 road accident casualties occurs in accidents where at least one driver is aged 70 or older.
- Around one in 20 drivers involved in road accidents in Wales are aged 70 or older.
- 617 drivers aged 70 or over were involved in 595 road accidents in 2011.
- 14 of these drivers were involved in fatal accidents, 112 in serious accidents and 491 in slight accidents.
- 6 per cent of the drivers (of known age) involved in all motorised vehicle accidents.
Tel: 029 2082 5062