Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill.
- Launch of Creative Learning through the Arts – an Action Plan for Wales
- 34,000 alcohol-related hospital admissions cost Welsh NHS £109m a year
- Assembly to vote on landmark Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence (Wales) Bill
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
26 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
NHS staff vacancies
At 31 March 2011
- 85 NHS posts had been vacant for three months or more. This represents a 15 per cent decrease on the 101 vacancies reported six months earlier.
- These vacancies account for 0.2* per cent of all NHS posts, the same as six months earlier* and lower than 0.4 per cent a year ago.
Vacancies in different staff groups
- 45 (2.1* per cent) consultant posts – an increase from 11 (0.4* per cent) six months earlier.
- 41 in other staff groups – a decrease of 50 compared with six months earlier.
* Cardiff and Vale University Local Health Board has reported no vacancies for 31 March 2011 or six months earlier and did not submit data. Therefore Cardiff and Vale University Local Health Board is not included in the calculations for the percentage of all posts vacant at 31 March 2011 or six months earlier.
Tel: 029 2082 3625