Action packed August Bank Holiday
The waters of Cardiff bay will be full of action this weekend as the last summer bank holiday gets underway with the P1 Welsh Grand Prix of the Sea.
- Secondary School attendance levels at record high
- £5.7m Welsh Government investment into clinical research and development
- Action packed August Bank Holiday
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Food Hygiene Rating (Promotion of Food Hygiene Ratings)(Wales) Regulations
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
NHS GP referrals for first out-patient appointments
Key points, June 2015
Release date: 5 August 2015
- The number of GP referrals for a first outpatient appointment received at a Welsh Local Health Board was 73,608 in June 2015. There tends to be between 60 and 70 thousand GP referrals per month in Wales.
- This is a 13.7 per cent increase compared with May 2015 and a 4.6 per cent increase on June 2014. However, this is a volatile series and care should be taken when interpreting short term changes.
- 110,166 referrals were received for a first outpatient appointment at a Welsh Local Health Board in June 2015, an increase of 12.1 per cent compared with May 2015 and an increase of 9.5 per cent compared with June 2014 (coverage was expanded in October 2014 which affects this).
The release also contains information on the numbers of referrals from sources other than GPs.
Analysis of the outpatient referral dataset
Release date: 24 February 2015
The current report on referrals for outpatient appointments includes those patients who were referred by a GP. We plan to extend this publication to include other sources of referrals for outpatient appointments.
This statistical article describes the impact of including other sources of referrals; and identifies patterns and trends within the data. It also outlines the steps we plan to take with publishing outpatient referrals data in future.
Tel: 029 2082 5043