Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
NHS GP referrals for first out-patient appointments
Key points, March 2015
Release date: 6 May 2015
- The number of GP referrals for a first outpatient appointment received at a Welsh Local Health Board was 73,321 in March 2015. There tends to be between 60 and 70 thousand GP referrals per month in Wales.
- This is a 12.8 per cent increase compared with February 2015 and a 7.8 per cent increase on March 2014. However, this is a volatile series and care should be taken when interpreting short term changes.
- 105,920 referrals were received for a first outpatient appointment at a Welsh Local Health Board in March 2015, an increase of 11.7 per cent compared with February 2015 and an increase of 11.9 per cent compared with March 2014 (coverage was expanded in October 2014 which affects this).
Following the publication of the Statistical Article on 24 February 2015, looking at all sources of referral, we have recently added a new section to the release which provides numbers of referrals for sources other than GPs.
Analysis of the outpatient referral dataset
Release date: 24 February 2015
The current report on referrals for outpatient appointments includes those patients who were referred by a GP. We plan to extend this publication to include other sources of referrals for outpatient appointments.
This statistical article describes the impact of including other sources of referrals; and identifies patterns and trends within the data. It also outlines the steps we plan to take with publishing outpatient referrals data in future.
Tel: 029 2082 5043