Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales replaces the axed UK Independent Living Fund
A new £20m fund to support more than 1,600 disabled people in Wales with their care needs comes into operation today, following the closure of the Independent Living Fund (ILF) by the UK Government.
- Minister in Lyon to share lessons for Future Generations
- Transport Minister outlines Metro Phase Two plans
- Wales replaces the axed UK Independent Living Fund
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Proposal for the registration of school learning support workers with the Education Workforce Council
- Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
2 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
NHS Direct Wales
A quarterly report showing the number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts.
- 76,641 calls were made to NHS Direct Wales, of which 71,175 (93%) were to the main 0845 number.
- 57,403 calls were answered by NHS Direct Wales, of which 52,600 (92%) were on the main 0845 number.
- 9,420 calls were transferred to NHS Direct Wales, from the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust, for clinical triage.
- 454 calls were answered (out of 460 made) from callers expressing a preference for the call to be taken in Welsh (around 0.8% of all calls answered).
- 172 on-line enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service, 64% fewer than the number (473) in the January to March quarter of 2009.
- 1,382,401 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website, almost 12 times as many as in the January to March quarter of 2009 (117,664), and 17% up on the number (1,177,942) in the October to December quarter of 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 5039