Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Welsh coast helping to boost tourism
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
NHS Direct Wales
A quarterly report showing the number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts.
- 76,641 calls were made to NHS Direct Wales, of which 71,175 (93%) were to the main 0845 number.
- 57,403 calls were answered by NHS Direct Wales, of which 52,600 (92%) were on the main 0845 number.
- 9,420 calls were transferred to NHS Direct Wales, from the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust, for clinical triage.
- 454 calls were answered (out of 460 made) from callers expressing a preference for the call to be taken in Welsh (around 0.8% of all calls answered).
- 172 on-line enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service, 64% fewer than the number (473) in the January to March quarter of 2009.
- 1,382,401 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website, almost 12 times as many as in the January to March quarter of 2009 (117,664), and 17% up on the number (1,177,942) in the October to December quarter of 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 5039