5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Today (1 October) marks the five year anniversary of the introduction of the Welsh Government’s ground-breaking Single Use Carrier Bag charge.
- Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
- Blue Badge eligibility criteria expanded
- 5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
NHS Direct Wales
A quarterly report showing the number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts.
- 78,505 calls were made to NHS Direct Wales, of which 75,091 (96%) were to the main 0845 number.
- 60,049 calls were answered by NHS Direct Wales, of which 56,966 (95%) were on the main 0845 number.
- 8,830 calls were transferred to NHS Direct Wales, from the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust, for clinical triage.
- 528 calls were answered (out of 536 made) from callers expressing a preference for the call to be taken in Welsh (around 0.9% of all calls answered).
- 372 on-line enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service, 15% fewer than the number (438) in the April to June quarter of 2010.
- 983,537 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website, more than 7 times as many as in the April to June quarter of 2010 (131,472), but 14% down on the number (1,147,599) in the January to March quarter of 2016.
Tel: 029 2082 5039
Tel: 029 2089 8099