UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
76 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
NHS Direct Wales
A quarterly report showing the number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts.
- 78,505 calls were made to NHS Direct Wales, of which 75,091 (96%) were to the main 0845 number.
- 60,049 calls were answered by NHS Direct Wales, of which 56,966 (95%) were on the main 0845 number.
- 8,830 calls were transferred to NHS Direct Wales, from the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust, for clinical triage.
- 528 calls were answered (out of 536 made) from callers expressing a preference for the call to be taken in Welsh (around 0.9% of all calls answered).
- 372 on-line enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service, 15% fewer than the number (438) in the April to June quarter of 2010.
- 983,537 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website, more than 7 times as many as in the April to June quarter of 2010 (131,472), but 14% down on the number (1,147,599) in the January to March quarter of 2016.
Tel: 029 2082 5039
Tel: 029 2089 8099