New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
People who need immediate life-saving care will receive the highest-priority response in the fastest time possible from the Welsh Ambulance Service.
- Minister visits pioneering dementia care project in Raglan
- Deputy Minister hails Value of Welsh food and drink
- New system for emergency ambulance services to prioritise patients in most need of care
- Revisions to the Waste Duty of Care Code of Practice
- The Welsh Language Tribunal - Practice Directions
- Fire and Rescue National Framework 2016 onwards
- Healthcare Inspectorate Wales - Strategic Plan 2015-18
- Statutory Guidance about sewerage undertakers duty to connect properties to the public sewerage system ( under Section 101A of the Water Industry Act 1991)
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
Featured consultation »Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
56 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
NHS Direct Wales
A quarterly report showing the number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts.
- 76,641 calls were made to NHS Direct Wales, of which 71,175 (93%) were to the main 0845 number.
- 57,403 calls were answered by NHS Direct Wales, of which 52,600 (92%) were on the main 0845 number.
- 9,420 calls were transferred to NHS Direct Wales, from the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust, for clinical triage.
- 454 calls were answered (out of 460 made) from callers expressing a preference for the call to be taken in Welsh (around 0.8% of all calls answered).
- 172 on-line enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service, 64% fewer than the number (473) in the January to March quarter of 2009.
- 1,382,401 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website, almost 12 times as many as in the January to March quarter of 2009 (117,664), and 17% up on the number (1,177,942) in the October to December quarter of 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 5039