Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
NHS Direct Wales
A quarterly report showing the number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts.
- 91,318 calls were made to NHS Direct Wales, of which 87,674 (96%) were to the main 0845 number.
- 59,386 calls were answered by NHS Direct Wales, of which 56,174 (95%) were on the main 0845 number.
- 8,800 calls were transferred to NHS Direct Wales, from the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust, for clinical triage.
- 543 calls were answered (out of 555 made) from callers expressing a preference for the call to be taken in Welsh (around 0.9% of all calls answered).
- 447 on-line enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service, 5% more than the number (426) in the January to March quarter of 2010.
- 1,147,599 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website, more than 7 times as many as in the January to March quarter of 2010 (151,705), and 21% up on the number (949,389) in the October to December quarter of 2015.
Tel: 029 2082 5039
Tel: 029 2089 8099