£17 million in the bag for good causes says Minister
"Consumer habits appear to be changing which is having a positive knock on effect on the environment as well as raising a significant amount of money for good causes.”
- Welsh Government assists Fox 21 Television Studios to revive ‘sleeping Dragon’ Studios
- Minister launches first day of discounted bus travel for young people in Wales
- £17 million in the bag for good causes says Minister
- Revision of the Mental Health Act 1983 Code of Practice for Wales
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 10 and Technical Advice Note 4: Retail Centre Development
- Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
- The development of an energy efficiency strategy for Wales
- Welsh Government action plan to further equality for transgender people
- Secondary legislation for development management
Featured consultation »Review of the Water Resources (Control of Pollution) (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) (Wales) Regulations 2010
77 days left
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
NHS Direct Wales
A quarterly report showing the number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts.
- 77,888 calls were made to NHS Direct Wales, of which 72,837 (94%) were to the main 0845 number.
- 60,663 calls were answered by NHS Direct Wales, of which 56,160 (93%) were on the main 0845 number.
- 8,405 calls were transferred to NHS Direct Wales, from the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust, for clinical triage.
- 540 calls were answered (out of 548 made) from callers expressing a preference for the call to be taken in Welsh (around 0.8% of all calls answered).
- 398 on-line enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service, 17% more than the number (340) in the April to June quarter of 2009.
- 1,006,949 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website, more than 7 times as many as in the April to June quarter of 2009 (146,715), but 27% down on the number (1,382,401) in the January to March quarter of 2015.
Tel: 029 2082 5039