Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
A taste of Wales in London
- St David’s Day in Dubai
- Across Wales young people find work thanks to Jobs Growth Wales
- A taste of Wales in London
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
29 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
NHS Direct Wales
A quarterly report showing the number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts.
- 77,422 calls were made to NHS Direct Wales, of which 72,607 (94%) were to the main 0845 number.
- 57,602 calls were answered by NHS Direct Wales, of which 53,393 (93%) were on the main 0845 number.
- 11,066 calls were transferred to NHS Direct Wales, from the Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust, for clinical triage.
- 442 calls were answered (out of 444 made) from callers expressing a preference for the call to be taken in Welsh (around 0.8% of all calls answered).
- 288 on-line enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service, 36% fewer than the number (451) in the October to December quarter of 2008.
- 1,177,942 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website, more than 11 times as many as in the October to December quarter of 2008 (106,512), and 33% up on the number (888,078) in the July to September quarter of 2014.
Tel: 029 2082 5039