Statement by the First Minister following today's Joint Ministerial Committee
"There is still huge uncertainty about what success will look like from the UK Government."
- Vaughan Gething in Uganda to mark 10 years of Wales for Africa
- Have your say on new approach to building resilient communities
- Statement by the First Minister following today's Joint Ministerial Committee
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Data includes information on the number of patients receiving NHS dental treatment, the type of treatments provided and the numbers of NHS dentists.
Quarterly data are published on StatsWales and a report is published annually.
Activity between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016
- Over 4.9 million units of dental activity (UDA) were carried out in 2015-16, a decrease of 1.4 per cent compared with 2014-15. This represented approximately 2.3 million individual NHS dental courses of treatment (CoTs), a decrease of 1.4 per cent compared with 2014–15.
Patients treated in the 24 months before 31 March 2016
- 1.7 million patients (54.9 per cent of the population) were seen in the 24 month period ending March 2016. 52.3 per cent of adults were treated as well as 65.1 per cent of children, both percentages increasing slightly from the previous 24 months ending March 2015.
Workforce between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016
- A total of 1,470 dentists who had NHS activity were recorded between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016. There were 4.7 dentists per 10,000 population, which was the same as the previous year.
Patient charges between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016
- 43.9 per cent of all CoTs were for paying adults. The total patient charge for this amounted to £33.2 million, an increase of 5.2 per cent when compared to the patient charge of £31.6 million in 2014-15.
Tel: 029 2082 6186
Tel: 029 2089 8099