Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Proposals for the most generous student finance support package available anywhere in the UK have been published today in Wales (Tues 27th Sept).
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
- Cabinet Secretary in Brussels for agriculture and environment talks
- Proposals for the most generous student finance support package in the UK published in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Data includes information on the number of patients receiving NHS dental treatment, the type of treatments provided and the numbers of NHS dentists.
Quarterly data are published on StatsWales and a report is published annually.
Activity between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016
- Over 4.9 million units of dental activity (UDA) were carried out in 2015-16, a decrease of 1.4 per cent compared with 2014-15. This represented approximately 2.3 million individual NHS dental courses of treatment (CoTs), a decrease of 1.4 per cent compared with 2014–15.
Patients treated in the 24 months before 31 March 2016
- 1.7 million patients (54.9 per cent of the population) were seen in the 24 month period ending March 2016. 52.3 per cent of adults were treated as well as 65.1 per cent of children, both percentages increasing slightly from the previous 24 months ending March 2015.
Workforce between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016
- A total of 1,470 dentists who had NHS activity were recorded between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016. There were 4.7 dentists per 10,000 population, which was the same as the previous year.
Patient charges between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016
- 43.9 per cent of all CoTs were for paying adults. The total patient charge for this amounted to £33.2 million, an increase of 5.2 per cent when compared to the patient charge of £31.6 million in 2014-15.
Tel: 029 2082 6186
Tel: 029 2089 8099