Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Taking Wales forward: Ministers “hit the ground running” during the first 100 days in office – First Minister
The Welsh Government has “hit the ground running” during its first 100 days as it delivers its ambitious programme of building a united, connected and sustainable Wales, Carwyn Jones has said.
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Taking Wales forward: Ministers “hit the ground running” during the first 100 days in office – First Minister
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Proposed changes to how environmental impact assessment applies to town and country planning
72 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Data includes information on the number of patients receiving NHS dental treatment, the type of treatments provided and the numbers of NHS dentists.
Quarterly data are published on StatsWales and a report is published annually.
Activity between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016
- Over 4.9 million units of dental activity (UDA) were carried out in 2015-16, a decrease of 1.4 per cent compared with 2014-15. This represented approximately 2.3 million individual NHS dental courses of treatment (CoTs), a decrease of 1.4 per cent compared with 2014–15.
Patients treated in the 24 months before 31 March 2016
- 1.7 million patients (54.9 per cent of the population) were seen in the 24 month period ending March 2016. 52.3 per cent of adults were treated as well as 65.1 per cent of children, both percentages increasing slightly from the previous 24 months ending March 2015.
Workforce between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016
- A total of 1,470 dentists who had NHS activity were recorded between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016. There were 4.7 dentists per 10,000 population, which was the same as the previous year.
Patient charges between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016
- 43.9 per cent of all CoTs were for paying adults. The total patient charge for this amounted to £33.2 million, an increase of 5.2 per cent when compared to the patient charge of £31.6 million in 2014-15.
Tel: 029 2082 6186
Tel: 029 2089 8099