Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales to commemorate the 70th anniversary of VE Day in Wales
- Cylch Caron: £5.8m Welsh Government investment in services closer to home
- New £1m plan to improve liver disease services in Wales
- Wales to commemorate the 70th anniversary of VE Day in Wales
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
- Consultation on guidance for commissioning substance misuse services
- Tax devolution in Wales - Consultation on a Land Transaction Tax
- Consultation on the Regulation of Private Housing (Information, Periods and Fees for Registration and Licensing) (Wales) Regulations 2015
- Compulsory Microchipping of Dogs in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
NHS community contraceptive services
An annual report which includes data on men and women attending clinics, main method of contraception, emergency contraception, sterilisations and vasectomies .
- Almost 50,300 women and around 4,500 men attended clinics for contraceptive services.
- 40% of the women attending clinics chose oral contraception, down from 51% in 2002-03, but still the most popular method provided.
- 28% chose injectables and implants, up from 11% in 2002-03.
- 17% of the women seen chose condoms in 2012-13, down from 28% in 2002-03.
- A third (32%) of women attending clinics were under 20 years old.
- Only 8.2% of the female population in Wales aged between 13 and 44 attend community clinics for contraceptive services.
This is the last planned release in this series; see the release for further details.
Tel: 029 2082 5039