UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- Proposed Technical Advice Note (TAN) 24: The Historic Environment
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Proposed technical advice note 24: The historic environment
71 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
NHS community contraceptive services
An annual report which includes data on men and women attending clinics, main method of contraception, emergency contraception, sterilisations and vasectomies .
- Almost 50,300 women and around 4,500 men attended clinics for contraceptive services.
- 40% of the women attending clinics chose oral contraception, down from 51% in 2002-03, but still the most popular method provided.
- 28% chose injectables and implants, up from 11% in 2002-03.
- 17% of the women seen chose condoms in 2012-13, down from 28% in 2002-03.
- A third (32%) of women attending clinics were under 20 years old.
- Only 8.2% of the female population in Wales aged between 13 and 44 attend community clinics for contraceptive services.
This is the last planned release in this series; see the release for further details.
Tel: 029 2082 5039