Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
A taste of Wales in London
“It is great to see our producers celebrating our patron Saint of Wales - St David and promoting their wonderful products in London. We have such a fine array of quality products here in Wales."
- St David’s Day in Dubai
- Across Wales young people find work thanks to Jobs Growth Wales
- A taste of Wales in London
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
28 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
NHS community contraceptive services
An annual report which includes data on men and women attending clinics, main method of contraception, emergency contraception, sterilisations and vasectomies .
- Almost 50,300 women and around 4,500 men attended clinics for contraceptive services.
- 40% of the women attending clinics chose oral contraception, down from 51% in 2002-03, but still the most popular method provided.
- 28% chose injectables and implants, up from 11% in 2002-03.
- 17% of the women seen chose condoms in 2012-13, down from 28% in 2002-03.
- A third (32%) of women attending clinics were under 20 years old.
- Only 8.2% of the female population in Wales aged between 13 and 44 attend community clinics for contraceptive services.
This is the last planned release in this series; see the release for further details.
Tel: 029 2082 5039