Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
- Bill a chance to provide the Wales We Want for our future generations
- St David’s Day marks nine months to go until Wales changes its organ donation law
- Welsh Government and GPC Wales agree new GP contract for Wales
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
27 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The data quality issues identified last year with the calculated fields (average length of stay, turnover interval and bed use factor) have not been resolved. Further information on this is provided in the Key Quality Information section of the release.
Between 2012-13 and 2013-14
- The total number of NHS beds (1) fell by 254 (2 per cent) to 11,241.
- The percentage occupancy decreased from 86.3 per cent to 85.9 per cent.
Over the ten years from 2003-04 to 2013-14
- The total number of NHS beds (1) fell by 2,968 (21 per cent).
- The percentage occupancy increased from 83.0 per cent to 85.9 per cent.
(1) Average daily available
Tel: 029 2082 3134