Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Wales is the leading UK nation in recycling emissions saved per person.
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
- Tower of London Poppies: Welsh host venues wanted
- Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
The information on new house building is based on the reports of local authority building inspectors and the National House Building Council (NHBC), which is a private approved inspector. It does not include information from other private approved inspectors.
- On an annual basis, the number of new dwellings started increased by 9 per cent during 2013-14, compared with the previous year. This increase continued during each of the first three quarters of 2014-15. During October to December 2014-15, there were 1,716 new dwellings started; an increase of 31 per cent on the same quarter of 2013-14.
- The number of new dwellings completed annually increased by 7 per cent during 2013-14 and, as with starts, this increase has continued into 2014-15. During October to December 2014-15, a total of 1,743 new dwellings were completed which is 12 per cent more than the same quarter of 2013-14.
- During October to December 2014-15, the number of private sector completions increased by 12 per cent from the previous year to 1,564 dwellings. RSL completions were up by 13 per cent to 179 dwellings. There were no local authority dwellings completed during the quarter.
Quarterly data are published on StatsWales and a report is published annually. The information published on StatsWales includes local authority level data as well as the number of new dwellings completed by dwelling type and number of bedrooms.
Tel: 029 2082 5055