Appointment of the next Children’s Commissioner for Wales »The current Children's Commissioner's tenure will come to an end on 28 February 2015.Learn more »
A taste of Wales in London
“It is great to see our producers celebrating our patron Saint of Wales - St David and promoting their wonderful products in London. We have such a fine array of quality products here in Wales."
- St David’s Day in Dubai
- Across Wales young people find work thanks to Jobs Growth Wales
- A taste of Wales in London
- Proposals to amend existing powers to tackle waste crime and poor performing sites in the waste management industry
- Developing a Landfill Disposals Tax
- Collection and publication of fire statistics
- Talk to me 2
- Flood and Coast Investment Programme (FaCIP)
- Teacher assessment: strengthening arrangements to improve reliability, consistency and confidence
Featured consultation »Use and effectiveness of Civil Sanctions for environmental offences
29 days left
Section highlightRegulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) BillThe Bill will improve the quality of care and support in Wales and strengthen protection for citizens.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
National Strategic Indicators (NSI)
The data for 2013-14 NSIs showed an overall picture of improvement over 2012-13 in the performance measured by the Welsh average, with an improvement in performance for twenty indicators. However ten indicators showed a decline in performance.
Where applicable, the Welsh average between 2012-13 and 2013-14
- Improved in six out of the twelve comparable indicators for social care.
- Improved in all of the three indicators for housing.
- Improved in seven out of the eight comparable indicators for education.
- Improved in three out of the four comparable indicators for environment and transport.
- Improved in one out of the two comparable indicators for leisure and culture.
- Declined in six out of the twelve comparable indicators for social care.
- Declined in one comparable indicator in each of the following: planning and regulatory services, education, environment and transport, leisure and culture.
Tel: 029 2082 3234