Progress on major health conditions delivery plans »We remain committed to ensuring that quality improvement remains at the centre of our approach for the future of NHS Wales.Learn more »
Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
“My message to the Prime Minister this morning was simple. These plants cannot close.”
- Welsh Government agrees partnership in principle for £80m convention centre plans at Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
- £43m to improve Wales’ primary care services
- Statement from the First Minister following meeting with the Prime Minister on Tata Steel
- Consultation on Procurement Regulation in Wales
- National Outcomes Framework for Youth Work
- Proposed changes to Planning Policy Wales Chapter 6: The Historic Environment
Closing soonView all open consultations »
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) Act 2016
The act puts in place the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more proactive, sustainable and joined-up way.
Assembly bills »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward.Learn more »
In this section
Section highlightWelsh taxes: a conversation
Share your thoughts on a new Taxpayers’ Charter.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
National Strategic Indicators (NSI)
The data for 2014-15 NSIs showed an overall picture of improvement over 2013-14 in the performance measured by the Welsh average, with an improvement in performance for seventeen indicators. However thirteen indicators showed a decline in performance.
Where applicable, the Welsh average between 2013-14 and 2014-15.
- Improved in eight out of the twelve comparable indicators for social care.
- Improved in one of the three indicators for housing.
- Improved in four out of the eight comparable indicators for education.
- Improved in three out of the four comparable indicators for environment and transport.
- Improved in the comparable indicator for planning and regulatory services.
- Declined in both comparable indicators for leisure and culture.
- Declined in four out of the twelve comparable indicators for social care.
- Declined in four out of the eight comparable indicators for education
- Declined in two of the three comparable indicators for housing.
- Declined in one out of the four comparable indicators for environment and transport.
A new Local Authority Services Performance website presenting key indicators is currently being developed. The website will bring together key performance indicators including National Strategic Indicators amongst others. The website will be in two phases. For the first phase only the National Strategic Indicators data will be available, scheduled to be launched in mid-September. This website is intended to replace the existing National Strategic Indicators data visualisation tool and the annual Local Authority performance publication.
Tel: 029 2082 3234