UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
78 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
National Strategic Indicators (NSI)
The data for 2014-15 NSIs showed an overall picture of improvement over 2013-14 in the performance measured by the Welsh average, with an improvement in performance for nineteen(r) indicators. However eleven(r) indicators showed a decline in performance.
Where applicable, the Welsh average between 2013-14 and 2014-15.
- Improved in eight out of the twelve comparable indicators for social care.
- Improved in two(r) of the three indicators for housing.
- Improved in five(r) out of the eight comparable indicators for education.
- Improved in three out of the four comparable indicators for environment and transport.
- Improved in the comparable indicator for planning and regulatory services.
- Declined in both comparable indicators for leisure and culture.
- Declined in four out of the twelve comparable indicators for social care.
- Declined in three(r) out of the eight comparable indicators for education
- Declined in one(r) of the three comparable indicators for housing.
- Declined in one out of the four comparable indicators for environment and transport.
Some data in table 1 of the report have been updated.
Tel: 029 2082 3234
Tel: 029 2089 8099