Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
£7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
The Welsh Government will invest an extra £7.6m every year in mental health services for children and young people in Wales.
- Love your library, cherish your church, partial to your pub? Consultation to protect community facilities launched
- £6.7m investment in new IT system to integrate NHS and social services in Wales
- £7.6m funding boost for children and young people’s mental health services in Wales
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A report on trend-based population projections by age and gender.
- The population of Wales is projected to increase by 4 per cent to 3.19 million by 2022 and 8 per cent to 3.32 million by 2037.
- The number of children aged under 16 is projected to increase to around 582,000 by 2026 before decreasing. Overall, the number of children is projected to increase by 2 per cent between 2012 and 2037.
- The number of people aged 16-64 is projected to decrease by nearly 60,000 or around 3 per cent between 2012 and 2037.
- The number of people aged 65 and over is projected to increase by 292,000 or 50 per cent between 2012 and 2037.
Tel: 029 2082 1595