North Wales named Top Region Globally for 2017
There’s cause for epic celebrations today in Wales as the north of the country has made it on to the Lonely Planet’s Top Ten ‘Best in Travel 2017’ list – the only destination in the UK to do so.
- Statement by the First Minister following today's Joint Ministerial Committee
- Vaughan Gething in Uganda to mark 10 years of Wales for Africa
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- North Wales named Top Region Globally for 2017
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report looking at pupil achievements in non-core subjects at Key Stage 2 and 3, including information by gender, subject and level of achievement.
Statistics on attainment in the non-core subjects includes final data for Wales for the 2016 teacher assessments.
Key Stage 3
- Since 2015 there has been an increase in the percentage of pupils achieving the expected level in every subject. The greatest increase was in History (1.5 percentage points).
- In 2016, the percentage of pupils achieving the expected level varied from 93.3 per cent in Information and Communication Technology to 81.9 per cent in Welsh Second Language.
- In each subject, a higher percentage of girls than boys achieved the expected level. The gap between girls and boys was greatest in Welsh Second Language (12.8 percentage points).
Key Stage 2
- In 2016, the percentage of pupils achieving the expected level (level 4 or above) in Welsh Second Language was 77.9 per cent, compared with 76.1 per cent in 2015.
Further dataA further breakdown of all the data shown in this release by local authority, attainment level and by gender is available on StatsWales. Benchmark information tables are also available for Key Stage 3 (both for core and non-core subjects) and are published alongside this release.
Tel: 029 2082 5060
Tel: 029 2089 8099