Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
Finance Secretary Mark Drakeford has announced the Welsh Government will invest an additional £20m in social care in 2017-18.
- Health Secretary connects with NHS Wales staff
- Increase in funding to help Wales’ most disadvantaged pupils – Kirsty Williams
- Mark Drakeford announces additional £20m for social care in 2017-18
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report looking at pupil achievements in non-core subjects at Key Stage 2 and 3, including information by gender, subject and level of achievement.
Statistics on attainment in the non-core subjects includes final data for Wales for the 2016 teacher assessments.
Key Stage 3
- Since 2015 there has been an increase in the percentage of pupils achieving the expected level in every subject. The greatest increase was in History (1.5 percentage points).
- In 2016, the percentage of pupils achieving the expected level varied from 93.3 per cent in Information and Communication Technology to 81.9 per cent in Welsh Second Language.
- In each subject, a higher percentage of girls than boys achieved the expected level. The gap between girls and boys was greatest in Welsh Second Language (12.8 percentage points).
Key Stage 2
- In 2016, the percentage of pupils achieving the expected level (level 4 or above) in Welsh Second Language was 77.9 per cent, compared with 76.1 per cent in 2015.
Further dataA further breakdown of all the data shown in this release by local authority, attainment level and by gender is available on StatsWales. Benchmark information tables are also available for Key Stage 3 (both for core and non-core subjects) and are published alongside this release.
Tel: 029 2082 5060
Tel: 029 2089 8099