UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
The First Minister of Wales, Carwyn Jones has convened an extraordinary meeting of the British-Irish Council (BIC) to discuss the outcome of the EU referendum.
- Public Health Minister accepts new recommendations on Vitamin D intake
- Tourism industry ready for an EPIC summer
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- First Minister holds Extraordinary British-Irish Council Summit to discuss Brexit
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
78 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information on proceedings at Magistrates' courts, drug and drink driving offences and breath tests.
- The number of Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) for motoring offences issued by the police (including traffic wardens) in Wales in 2013 was 77 thousand, a 17 per cent decrease on 2012. Speed limit offences comprised 45 thousand of these notices, or 59 per cent of all fixed penalty notices issued in that year.
- In 2014, the magistrates’ courts proceeded against a total of 55 thousand motoring offenders, up 8 per cent on the 2013 figure.
- In 2014, men accounted for 68 per cent of motoring offenders proceedings at magistrates’ courts.
Tel: 029 2082 5413