Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales programme for Roald Dahl’s centenary in 2016 is unveiled
Wales was first in line to announce a programme of events to celebrate the centenary of Roald Dahl in 2016.
- New proposals to strengthen NHS Wales set out in Green Paper
- Planning Act receives Royal Assent
- Wales programme for Roald Dahl’s centenary in 2016 is unveiled
- Draft Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal (Wales) Bill
- Green Paper: Our Health, Our Health Service
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
0 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes information on proceedings at Magistrates' courts, drug and drink driving offences and breath tests.
- The number of fixed penalty notices for motoring offences issued by the police (including traffic wardens) in Wales in 2012 was 92 thousand, a 5 per cent decrease on 2011.
- In 2012, speed limit offences comprised 48 thousand of these fixed penalty notices, or 53 per cent of all fixed penalty notices issued in that year.
- In 2013, the magistrates’ courts proceeded against a total of 72 thousand motoring offences, up 11 per cent on the figure of 65 thousand for 2012.
- In 2013, men accounted for 71 per cent of motoring offence proceedings at magistrates’ courts.
Tel: 029 2082 5413