Recycling still on the up in Wales
More local authorities than ever are hitting their recycling targets according to new figures published today.
- Hi-tech engineering facility in Mid Wales opened by First Minister
- Two more Carwyn Connect dates announced
Featured Article »Celebrating success in the creative and arts sectors in Wales
- Recycling still on the up in Wales
- A call for proposals on a migrant Roma strategy for Wales
- Draft Statutory Guidance on Multi-Agency Collaboration in respect of violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence
- A framework for managing the night time economy in Wales
- Charging guidance to Ofwat (the economic regulator of the water sector)
- Care and Support (Business Failure) (Wales) Regulations 2015 and the Care and Support (Provision of Health Services) (Wales) Regulations 2015, stemming from the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report which includes information on proceedings at Magistrates' courts, drug and drink driving offences and breath tests.
- The number of fixed penalty notices for motoring offences issued by the police (including traffic wardens) in Wales in 2012 was 92 thousand, a 5 per cent decrease on 2011.
- In 2012, speed limit offences comprised 48 thousand of these fixed penalty notices, or 53 per cent of all fixed penalty notices issued in that year.
- In 2013, the magistrates’ courts proceeded against a total of 72 thousand motoring offences, up 11 per cent on the figure of 65 thousand for 2012.
- In 2013, men accounted for 71 per cent of motoring offence proceedings at magistrates’ courts.
Tel: 029 2082 5413