5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Today (1 October) marks the five year anniversary of the introduction of the Welsh Government’s ground-breaking Single Use Carrier Bag charge.
- Welsh Government steps in to help small businesses affected by revaluation
- Blue Badge eligibility criteria expanded
- 5p carrier bag charge turns 5!
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report presenting information for accessibility to public services, walking and cycling, public transport, roads and traffic, safety and environment.
- 87.3 per cent of adults (aged 16 and over) in Taith, 57.6 per cent of adults in TraCC, 90.8 per cent of adults in SWWITCH and 97.3 per cent of adults in Sewta can access key centre’s of employment or shopping by public transport within 1 hour before 9am on a weekday.
- Road traffic between 2007-2010 has fallen across Wales by; 2.0 per cent in Taith, 1.9 per cent in TraCC, 3.6 per cent in SWWITCH and 3.7 per cent in Sewta.
- Rail usage, measured by station entries/exits, has increased across Wales between 2007-08 and 2009-10 by; 6.8 per cent in Taith, 1.9 per cent in TraCC, 9.5 per cent in SWWITCH and 9.8 per cent in Sewta.
- Bus passengers across Wales are satisfied with the service they receive. The 2010 bus survey showed overall satisfaction rates of; 91 per cent in Taith, 92 per cent in TraCC, 88 per cent in SWWITCH and 87 per cent in Sewta.
- More children travel to school by walking in Taith, SWWITCH and Sewta than by using any other mode of transport.
Tel: 029 2082 5087