New hydro powered lighting gives children of Uganda a bright future
Vaughan Gething has visited Bumayoka Primary School in Mbale, Uganda to switch on new low energy lighting.
- Wales passes €50m milestone in flagship EU research and innovation programme
- Kirsty welcomes comforting views from home
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- New hydro powered lighting gives children of Uganda a bright future
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
An annual report showing information based on 17 long term output indicators from the Wales Transport Strategy, which were grouped by their social, economic and environmental impacts.
- Some 8 out of 10 journeys to work are made using a car or a van. This has figure has remained constant for the past 10 years.
- There were a little under 49 million journeys made using the Concessionary Fares Bus Pass in Wales in 2012-13.
- The road safety targets set in 2000 were all met by 2010; with 2012 reporting the lowest level of killed or seriously injured, 1,034, on record.
- Bus passenger numbers in Wales has remained constant at some 116 million between 2009-10 and 2011-12.
- Rail passenger numbers in Wales increased from some 26 million 2009-10 to 27 million in 2010-11.
- Road traffic in Wales fell from 26.93 billion vehicle kilometres in 2011 to 26.76 billion vehicle kilometres in 2012, the lowest level since 2003.
- Sea passenger numbers fell from 2.8m in 2011 to 2.6m in 2012.
- Air passenger numbers at Cardiff Airport fell from 1.2m in 2011 to 1.0m in 2012.
- Greenhouse gas emissions relating to transport fell by 2 per cent between 2010 and 2011.
Tel: 029 2082 6960