Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Following the announcement to declare a new Avian Influenza Prevention Zone the Chief Veterinary Officer for Wales is reminding bird keepers to be prepared ahead of its implementation next Tuesday.
- Out of Work Service funding extended until 2020
- Carwyn Connect heads to Penygraig
- Avian Influenza – Next Steps
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A report which includes information on examination entry and performance by language, age and gender.
- The percentage of 15 year olds entering at least one GCSE in a modern foreign language has fallen each year, from 41 per cent in 1999 to 28 per cent in 2007.
- The proportion of GCSE entries in modern foreign languages resulting in grades A*-C was 76 per cent in 2007 compared with 67 per cent in 1999.
- In 2007, 68 per cent of entries in modern foreign languages at GCSE level were in French compared to 73 per cent in 1999, whilst Spanish has seen an increase, with 5 per cent of entries in modern foreign languages in 1999 rising to 12 per cent in 2007.
- The proportion of A level entries in modern foreign languages resulting in grades A-C was 78 per cent in 2007 compared with 70 per cent in 2001.
- In 2007, 63 per cent of entries in modern foreign languages at A level were in French compared to 64 per cent in 2001.
Tel: 029 2082 5056