Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
The Welsh Government has today announced that regulated rail fares in Wales will not rise above the rate of inflation until at least October 2018.
- Cabinet Secretary in Brussels for agriculture and environment talks
- Universal child health programme launched
- Welsh Government announces cap on rail fares
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
They are the official set of population estimates for the UK and its constituent countries, the regions and counties of England, and local authorities and their equivalents. This bulletin is based on the data for Wales in the first release of the mid-2015 estimates of the UK.
- On 30 June 2015 there were estimated to be 3,099,086 people living in Wales.
- There were estimated to be more people aged 65 and over living in Wales (625,000) than children aged 0 to 15 (555,000).
Tel: 029 2082 5058
Tel: 029 2089 8099