New hydro powered lighting gives children of Uganda a bright future
Vaughan Gething has visited Bumayoka Primary School in Mbale, Uganda to switch on new low energy lighting.
- Wales passes €50m milestone in flagship EU research and innovation programme
- Kirsty welcomes comforting views from home
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- New hydro powered lighting gives children of Uganda a bright future
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Local authority education expenditure: Wales and England comparison
A report which includes information per pupil, by local authority and region.
- Average spend per pupil on local authority education in Wales in 2009-10 was £5,595. This compares to £6,200 in England (£6,007 excluding London).
- Wales spends £604 per pupil less than England (£412 excluding London).
- Spend per head of population in Wales in 2009-10 was £850. The spend per head for England was £858 (£836 excluding London).
- 2009-10 pupil numbers fell by 0.8% for Wales and 1.0% for England compared with the previous year.
Tel: 029 2082 3519