Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
HRH The Duke of York brings Pitch@Palace On Tour to Wales
Twelve tech companies will pitch their business ideas before The Duke of York and invited guests in Cardiff this week in the first Pitch@Palace event held in Wales.
- Welsh Government investing £2.5m to build new facility for Qioptiq in support of its new £82m contract
- £95 million investment to train healthcare professionals in Wales
- HRH The Duke of York brings Pitch@Palace On Tour to Wales
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.
Local authority education expenditure: Wales and England comparison
A report which includes information per pupil, by local authority and region.
- Average spend per pupil on local authority education in Wales in 2009-10 was £5,595. This compares to £6,200 in England (£6,007 excluding London).
- Wales spends £604 per pupil less than England (£412 excluding London).
- Spend per head of population in Wales in 2009-10 was £850. The spend per head for England was £858 (£836 excluding London).
- 2009-10 pupil numbers fell by 0.8% for Wales and 1.0% for England compared with the previous year.
Tel: 029 2082 3519