Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Securing Wales’ Future: First Minister Carwyn Jones and leader of Plaid Cymru Leanne Wood set out Wales’ post-referendum plan
The First Minister of Wales Carwyn Jones and leader of Plaid Cymru, Leanne Wood have published a plan for Wales as the UK moves towards negotiations on leaving the European Union.
- Summit brings bus industry together
- New £36m fund to reduce infant class sizes and raise standards announced by Kirsty Williams
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- Securing Wales’ Future: First Minister Carwyn Jones and leader of Plaid Cymru Leanne Wood set out Wales’ post-referendum plan
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A report that provides information on the reuse, recycling and composting of municipal waste.
- The local authority municipal waste combined reuse/recycling/composting rate increased to 61 per cent for the 12 months to the end of June 2016, based on provisional data, compared with 57 per cent for the 12 months to the end of June 2015.
- The reuse/recycling/composting rate for local authority municipal waste in Wales increased by 3 percentage points, to 64 per cent, in April to June 2016, compared with the same quarter of 2015.
- The total amount of local authority municipal waste generated in Wales increased, with the tonnage rising by 3 per cent, from 412 to 424 thousand tonnes, compared to the same quarter of 2015.
- The residual household waste generated per person increased by 2 per cent, rising to 50 kilograms per person in April to June 2016, compared with the same quarter of 2015.
Provisional data is published quarterly, with final data for the financial year published annually.
Tel: 029 2082 6768
Tel: 029 2089 8099