Successful prosecutions for scallop fishing offences »We take seriously our responsibility for managing and protecting Welsh seas and all our natural resources.Learn more »
Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
The Education Secretary Kirsty Williams has offered her congratulations to students across Wales celebrating their GCSE and Welsh Baccalaureate results today.
- Recycling in Wales reaches record high
- Stellar team poised ready to recognise Welsh heroes
- Congratulations to GCSE pupils on results day - Kirsty Williams
- Proposed changes to how Environmental Impact Assessment applies to Town and Country Planning
- National Strategy on Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence - A framework for delivery 2016 - 2021
- Establishment of a Flood and Coastal Erosion Committee
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
Featured consultation »Welsh Language Strategy: A million Welsh speakers by 2050
64 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A report that provides information on the reuse, recycling and composting of municipal waste.
- The local authority municipal waste combined reuse/recycling/composting rate increased to 60 per cent for the 12 months to the end of March 2016, based on provisional data, compared with 56 per cent for the 12 months to the end of March 2015.
- The reuse/recycling/composting rate for local authority municipal waste in Wales increased by 6 percentage points, to 61 per cent, in January to March 2016, compared with the same quarter of 2015.
- The total amount of local authority municipal waste generated in Wales increased, with the tonnage rising by 12 per cent, from 356.4 to 399.7 thousand tonnes, compared to the same quarter of 2015.
- The residual household waste generated per person increased by 10 per cent, rising to 51 kilograms per person in January to March 2016, compared with the same quarter of 2015.
Provisional data is published quarterly, with final data for the financial year published annually.
Tel: 029 2082 6768
Tel: 029 2089 8099