Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Welsh seafood producers to cast their nets far and wide at global showcase
The Minister for Social Services and Public Health, Rebecca Evans will be part of a strong Welsh presence today at Seafood Expo Global 2017, the world’s largest seafood trade fair.
- EU student funding guarantee for Welsh universities announced
- Over £1m of Welsh Government funding helps children get a Flying Start
- Welsh seafood producers to cast their nets far and wide at global showcase
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
A report that provides information on the reuse, recycling and composting of municipal waste.
- The local authority municipal waste combined reuse/recycling/composting rate increased to 62 per cent for the 12 months to the end of September 2016, based on provisional data, compared with 58 per cent for the 12 months to the end of September 2015.
- In the July to September 2016 quarter, 66 per cent of local authority municipal waste in Wales was reused/recycled/composted, an increase of 5 percentage points when compared with the same quarter of 2015.
- The total amount of local authority municipal waste generated in Wales increased, with the tonnage rising by 3 per cent, from 411 to 425 thousand tonnes, compared to the same quarter of 2015.
- The residual household waste generated per person decreased by 3 per cent, falling to 49 kilograms per person in July to September 2016, compared with the same quarter of 2015.
Provisional data is published quarterly, with final data for the financial year published annually.
Tel: 0300 025 6768
Tel: 0300 025 8099