£1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
More than £1bn of EU structural funds have been invested in schemes across Wales
- New prestigious awards to recognise the best in Welsh teaching
- Welsh Government gets behind Small Business Saturday
Featured Article »£40m available for research and innovation proposals
- £1bn of EU structural funds invested in Wales
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Draft Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
A report that provides information on the reuse, recycling and composting of municipal waste.
- The percentage of local authority municipal waste (excluding abandoned vehicles) that was reused, recycled or composted in Wales has continued to increase since 2000-01, with 60.2 per cent of waste reused/recycled/ composted during 2015-16.
- During 2015-16, 19 of the 22 local authorities in Wales met or exceeded the statutory reuse/ recycling/composting target of 58 per cent.
- The total amount of local authority municipal waste (excluding abandoned vehicles) generated in Wales has generally fallen since its peak in 2004-05. However, the 1.59 million tonnes generated in 2015-16 represents an increase of 3 per cent on 2014-15.
- The amount of waste sent to landfill continued to fall, with 0.3 million tonnes (19 per cent) managed in this way during 2015-16.
Provisional data is published quarterly, with final data for the financial year published annually.
Tel: 029 2082 6768
Tel: 029 2089 8099