Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
Universities in Wales and Ireland are joining forces to investigate how coastal defences and renewable energy schemes can be improved by more eco-friendly designs.
- Welsh Government seeks innovative ideas to tackle childhood obesity with healthier and cheaper food choices
- Welsh team set to compete at Special Olympics, thanks to Welsh Government and Disability Sport Wales funding
- New EU project to enhance coastal infrastructure in Wales and Ireland
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
An annual report which includes data on the number of children by age, gender and time on register.
- There were 3,059 children (including unborn children) on child protection registers at 31 March 2016. This is an increase of 4 per cent compared with 31 March 2015 and represents a rate of 49 children per 10,000 population aged under 18.
- The highest number of registrations was shown in categories involving neglect (48 per cent) and the lowest in categories of sexual abuse (5 per cent) (note that registrations may state more than one category of abuse).
- There were 4,400 children added to registers during the year ending 31 March 2016, a decrease of 0.8 per cent on the previous year. The number of children removed from the registers during the year decreased by 8 per cent to 4,275.
Tel: 029 2082 3625
Tel: 029 2089 8099