Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
This report has been discontinued. Data will now be published in the new report ‘Local authority revenue and capital outturn expenditure’.
An annual report which includes information by type of service and local authority.
- Capital expenditure for 2013-14 was £1,041 million or £338 per head of population. This represents a decrease of £47 million or 4% over the previous year.
- Capital receipts for 2013-14 were £52 million, an increase of £12 million or 31% over the previous year.
- Of the overall capital expenditure, education accounted for 26% (£274 million) followed by housing 21% (£224 million) and transport 17% (£175 million).
- Police, fire and national park authorities reported expenditure of £40 million, £11 million and £2 million respectively.
- Capital receipts came mostly from housing £12 million and planning and development £11 million.
Tel: 029 2082 3519