Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Wales is the leading UK nation in recycling emissions saved per person.
- Lymphoedema specialist for children and young people in Wales is first in UK
- Tower of London Poppies: Welsh host venues wanted
- Wales outperforms England and Northern Ireland in reduced CO2 emission from recycling
Section highlightHistoric Environment (Wales) BillThe Bill will support the positive management of change in the Welsh historic environment.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
Final Budget 2015-16 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Departments for 2015-16 is £15·3bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
This report has been discontinued. Data will now be published in the new report ‘Local authority revenue budget and capital forecast’.
An annual report which includes information by type of service and local authority.
- Total budgeted gross revenue expenditure as reported by Welsh local authorities for 2014-15 is £7.9 billion, a decrease of 0.2% on the previous year.
- County and county borough councils reported increases of 0.2% or £16 million in their gross revenue expenditure whilst police reported an average decrease of 4.3%. Fire authorities reported an average decrease of 0.6% and national park authorities a decrease of 10.8%.
- Education services accounted for 33% of the total budgeted expenditure and social services 20%. These two services account for over half of the overall expenditure.
- Newport shows the largest county increase in gross revenue expenditure at 3.5%. Gwynedd shows the largest decrease at 3.1%.
- Net revenue expenditure, i.e. excluding specific and special grants, will decrease by 1.1% in 2014-15.
Tel: 029 2082 3963