Survey results of how people use the Welsh language published
- After the UK funding fanfare Wales faces five more years of cuts, Minister tells public finance professionals
- Jane Hutt responds to ‘Smoke and Mirrors’ Spending Review
- Survey results of how people use the Welsh language published
- Proposed New Management Measures for the Scallop Fishery in Cardigan Bay
- Draft Local Government (Wales) Bill and Explanatory Memorandum
- Green Growth Wales – Options for investment support
- Revision of the Mental Health Act 1983 Code of Practice for Wales
- The Public Sector Waste and Resource Efficiency Plan
- Code of Practice on the Role of the Director of Social Services under Part 8 of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) 2014 Act
Section highlightThe Planning (Wales) Act 2015
The act puts in place delivery structures, processes and procedures to make Wales’ planning system fit for the 21st century.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools
An annual report which includes information per pupil, by local authority and school sector.
- Gross schools expenditure is budgeted to be £2,496 million, on a comparable basis a decrease of 1.0% over the previous year.
- Gross schools expenditure per pupil is budgeted to be £5,526, a year-on-year decrease of 1.1% or £64. This can be broken down into £4,629 per pupil delegated to schools and £898 per pupil retained for centrally funded school services.
- The funding delegated to schools is budgeted to be £2,090 million. The amount of funding that local authorities delegate directly to schools ranges between 78% and 87% of overall gross schools budgeted expenditure.
- 84% of the total gross schools budgeted expenditure is delegated directly to schools, an increase of 0.9 of a percentage point compared to the previous year.
Tel: 029 2082 5673