UK Climate Change Risk Assessment Evidence Report »The Wales report highlights the risks to our economy, communities and environment from flooding and heat.Learn more »
New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
A £7.3m EU-backed scheme to boost the career prospects of students from disadvantaged backgrounds has been announced.
- Children encouraged to join the Big Friendly Read this summer
- Best ambulance response times since start of pilot - all LHBs in Wales meet target for first time
Featured story »National Assembly 2016 election results
- New £7m EU-backed investment in graduate career opportunities
- A future demand-led fuel poverty scheme to succeed Welsh Government Warm Homes - Nest
- Consultation on The Local Authorities (Calculations of Council Tax Base) (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2016
- Welsh Language Standards – Improving services for Welsh speakers within the health sector
- There are no consultations closing within the next 10 days
Featured consultation »Improving services for Welsh speakers in the health sector
76 days left
Section highlightLand Transaction Tax
Land Transaction Tax will replace UK Stamp Duty Land Tax in Wales.
Final Budget 2016-17 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2016-17 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Upcoming calendar »
See the schedule for all statistics and research releases.View upcoming calendar »
Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools
An annual report which includes information per pupil, by local authority and school sector.
- Gross schools expenditure is budgeted to be £2,519 million, an increase of 0.9% over the previous year.
- Gross schools expenditure per pupil is budgeted to be £5,570, a year-on-year increase of 0.8% or £44. This can be broken down into £4,695 per pupil delegated to schools and £874 per pupil retained for centrally funded school services.
- The funding delegated to schools is budgeted to be £2,123 million. The amount of funding that local authorities delegate directly to schools ranges between 78% and 88% of overall gross schools budgeted expenditure.
- 84% of the total gross schools budgeted expenditure is delegated directly to schools, an increase of 0.5 of a percentage point compared to the previous year.
Tel: 029 2082 5673
Tel: 029 2089 8099