Night time economy framework »The framework aims to help develop a sustainable, healthy and safe night time economy in Wales.Learn more »
Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
First Minister Carwyn Jones is in Doha to develop Wales’ economic relationship with Qatar.
- Supporting midwives to support women in pregnancy and childbirth
- Health Secretary Vaughan Gething announces all-Wales PrEP trial
- Wales’ links with the Middle East set to reach new heights
In this section
Section highlightLandfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme
The scheme will support local community and environmental projects in areas affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
Final Budget 2017-18 »
The amount of funding allocated to Welsh Government Main Expenditure Groups (MEGs) for 2017-18 is £15bn.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools
An annual report which includes information per pupil, by local authority and school sector.
- Gross schools expenditure is budgeted to be £2,519 million, an increase of 0.9% over the previous year.
- Gross schools expenditure per pupil is budgeted to be £5,570, a year-on-year increase of 0.8% or £44. This can be broken down into £4,695 per pupil delegated to schools and £874 per pupil retained for centrally funded school services.
- The funding delegated to schools is budgeted to be £2,123 million. The amount of funding that local authorities delegate directly to schools ranges between 78% and 88% of overall gross schools budgeted expenditure.
- 84% of the total gross schools budgeted expenditure is delegated directly to schools, an increase of 0.5 of a percentage point compared to the previous year.
Tel: 0300 025 5673
Tel: 0300 025 8099