Energy Wales Statement »The energy system in Wales is on the threshold of great change driven by new energy, technology and low carbon energy transition objectives.Learn more »
- National Pathway for Homelessness Services to Children, Young People and Adults in the Secure Estate
- Draft revised guidance on disciplinary and dismissal procedures for school staff
- Prevention of Pollution (Oil Storage) (Wales) Regulations
- Welsh Government Draft Equality Objectives for 2016-2020
- Future arrangements for the Welsh Government’s Equality and Inclusion Programme for 2017-2020
Featured consultation »Draft non-statutory guidance for local authorities on elective home education
0 days left
Section highlightEnvironment (Wales) BillThe bill creates the legislation needed to plan and manage Wales’ natural resources in a more sustainable and joined-up way.
Legislative programme 2014 - 2015 »
Bills that the Welsh Government will bring forward in 2014/2015.Learn more »
Section highlightTaxes in Wales
The devolution of some taxes to Wales from April 2018 provides us with the opportunity to reshape those taxes to better meet our circumstances and priorities.
1st Supplementary Budget 2015-16 »
The 1st supplementary budget proposes a number of changes to the final budget for 2015-16, which was published in December 2014.Learn more »
- Statistics & Research
Local authority budgeted expenditure on schools
An annual report which includes information per pupil, by local authority and school sector.
- Gross schools expenditure is budgeted to be £2,496 million, on a comparable basis a decrease of 1.0% over the previous year.
- Gross schools expenditure per pupil is budgeted to be £5,526, a year-on-year decrease of 1.1% or £64. This can be broken down into £4,629 per pupil delegated to schools and £898 per pupil retained for centrally funded school services.
- The funding delegated to schools is budgeted to be £2,090 million. The amount of funding that local authorities delegate directly to schools ranges between 78% and 87% of overall gross schools budgeted expenditure.
- 84% of the total gross schools budgeted expenditure is delegated directly to schools, an increase of 0.9 of a percentage point compared to the previous year.
Data will be added to the StatsWales website shortly.
Tel: 029 2082 5673